Problem when first using controls

Problem when first using controls

Hello all, I recently tried to install the coolite controls on my version of VS2008, I ran the autoinstall but it didnt seem to populate my toolbox with a new tab so I had to manually add the tooltab and bring in the controls from the dll as described in the README.TXT. That seemed to work fine, but now when I try to build my site I get the following error:

Unknown Server tag 'cool:Textbox'
    I've included a link to a screenshot including the code and the error if that helps, thanks alot

RE: Problem when first using controls

From your screen capture it looks likes everything has been added correctly, but there must have been a problem in there somewhere. My best suggestion would be to delete the .dll from the /bin/ directory, delete the Tab from the Toolbox and then re-add the controls to the Toolbox following the ReadMe.txt instructions again. And then drag/drop a coolite control from the toolbox.

For some reason the Reference to the .dll was not created. The Reference to the .dll is created automatically when an icon from the Toolbox is drag/dropped onto a Page.

The following forum post might help as well. Within this post contains instructions for manually adding the .dll Reference.

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...id=58-4-1.aspx

As well, please ensure you are using the correct .NET build of the controls for your environment. If you are using .NET 2.0, please use the coolite .NET 2.0 build. If using .NET 3.5, we provide a separate .NET 3.5 build.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder