[CLOSED] How to reduce Ext.Net.dll size?

[CLOSED] How to reduce Ext.Net.dll size?

Hi All,

I didn't update my project with a new release a library for a while but when I saw today at the size of a recent build it was about 50 Mb. As against with v. 2.1 the size was double increased. Why v2.2 takes has so big size and is there any way how to reduce it?

Thanks,
    Alexander
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 26, 2013 at 7:24 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    The size of the .dll is generally irrelevant and has no affect on performance. There are new Themes being included with the 2.2 release, and having all those embedded files causes the .dll to grow in size.

Again, the size of the .dll is not a reflection of it's performance or quality. In this case it just means more information is contained within the .dll.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Doesn't really help with deployment having to upload a 50Mb file.

Any chance of some suggestions on what could be removed for example if extra themes are not used?
    The above sounds more 'whiney' than I intended :)
    Taking the rtl scripts and some others out of being embeddable resources got me back down to 22Mb in case anybody else is interested and feels they can 'safely' do this.
    I was able to reduce the size up to 25 MB when manually excluded from the project all themes which I wasn't needed (actually I wanted to have only default scheme). However it take a quite long time to do this with every new build. I would suggest to ext.net developers do not put Sencha ExtJs code in the same library. I think it would be nice to keep it separately. In the future sencha can add 10 more different themes and then file size can be 100 Mb, which would be not really nice.
    We'll take a look at ways to reduce the assembly size. As noted, it's the really the recently included new theme and related .js files from ExtJS 4.2 that have increased the final .dll size.

We've never really been able to come up a good option for separating all this stuff out into individual assemblies, but I'll review again.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder