Gents, Here is my issue and I have searched the forums all day looking for my answer, so now I ask you:

The functionality I need is that a user searches for a phrase and clicks a button. The TreePanel loads the top 2 parents + all nodes in the path that contain the search term. Once the tree is loaded, the user is free to roam around any other folders. Since there are 8,000+ nodes I cannot do them all in one load, I need to pre-load and then use AjaxProxy reader for any additional expanded folders. The pre-load code is working correctly, but as soon as I add a Proxy into the mix, the tree starts trying to immediately get all the children before a user clicks. This causes the tree to break.

How can I load the tree with some initial nodes, as well as allow the user to expand folders to grab node data not included in the original load?

Razor Code
Html.X().Button()
.ID("btnSearchTerm")
.Text("Search")
.Icon(Icon.Magnifier)
.MarginSpec("0 0 0 5")
.DirectEvents(de =>
{
de.Click.Url = Url.Action("GetTree", "Khalix", new { Area = "CARMA" });
}
                            Html.X().TreePanel()
                            .ID("treeKhalix")
                            .Title("Khalix Symbols")
                            .Height(350)
                            .Width(465)
                            .Border(false)
                            .RootVisible(false)
                            .Root(Html.X().Node().NodeID("0"))
                            .DisplayField("text")

.Store(store =>
                                {
                                    store.Add(Html.X().TreeStore()
                                        .ID("treeKhalixEntities")
                                        .AutoLoad(false)
                            //            .Proxy(
                            //                    Html.X().AjaxProxy()
                            //                        .API(api =>
                            //                        {
                            //                            api.Read = Url.Action("GetChildren", "Khalix", new { area = "CARMA", instance = "App.cboInstance.getValue()", root = "App.cboRoot.getValue()" });
                            //                        })
                            //                        .Reader(reader => reader.Add(Html.X().JsonReader().Root("data"))) 
                            //            )
                                    );
                                }
                            )
                            //.Listeners(l => l.BeforeLoad.Fn = "nodeLoad")
My "GetTree" method is basically searching through my 8000 records and pulling back the appropriate ones recursively. They are being added to the tree via: khalixTree.GetRootNode().AppendChild(nodeCollectio n);

For my "GetChildren" method, I was trying to use an AjaxProxy reader and have also tried to use the BeforeLoad listener. Any advice as to what I need to do is much appreciated. If you need more code samples I am all for getting this one solved...

Thanks!