[CLOSED] Back button returns focus to previous control in IE

[CLOSED] Back button returns focus to previous control in IE

I have one page with a login control with a text box. When the user clicks the text box, the focus listener puts a notification up on the screen and redirects (clientside) to a secure login page.

The problem I'm having is when the user clicks the back button to return to the prioer page, focus is returned back to the text box they last clicked and the listener is reactivating the forward to the login page instead of landing back where they were (basically rendering the back button futile).

I've looked online to see if this might be an html thing but I'm thinking its the extjs client code is managing the return to the former control, not IE. Not 100%.

I even tried placing code in the focus handler to change the focus to another control before the redirect but that doesn't seem to affect anything.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 26, 2013 at 7:30 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @michaeld,

Interesting.

Seems I have faced something like that surfing the internet (probably, without Ext.NET and ExtJS). Though, not sure.

Can you provide a sample to reproduce? We would investigate.
    Hi @michaeld,

From my experience, I found any browser Back button to be messy to program the logic for. I'm not sure if it would fit your design requirements, but have you considered "locking" the Back browser button altogether? Daniil has suggested an excellent solution that proved to be working very well for me in Chrome and IE.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...er-Back-button
    Quote Originally Posted by vadym.f View Post
    From my experience, I found any browser Back button to be messy to program the logic for. I'm not sure if it would fit your design requirements, but have you considered "locking" the Back browser button altogether? Daniil has suggested an excellent solution that proved to be working very well for me in Chrome and IE.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...er-Back-button
    Thanks for your input vadym. Unfortunately I'm building a very public website and I have to follow the rules and expectations of general users so removing back functionality is not an option. If it were a client intranet project, it might be different. I have a few ideas how to technically correct this problem. It is apparently IE functionality. I haven't had time to come up with a sample but I'll try if I can't find a solution myself.
    Vadym, thank you for the attention to this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld View Post
    I have a few ideas how to technically correct this problem. It is apparently IE functionality. I haven't had time to come up with a sample but I'll try if I can't find a solution myself.
    Interesting. Posting any information about your progress would be appreciated.