[CLOSED] Regression: Ext.Net field inside ASP.NET UpdatePanel is hidden after an UpdatePanel server update

[CLOSED] Regression: Ext.Net field inside ASP.NET UpdatePanel is hidden after an UpdatePanel server update

There is an area of our large app that for legacy reasons has a mix of ASP.NET controls and Ext.NET controls all participating in UpdatePanel based AJAX updates (what I prefer to call fake AJAX!).

Normally I would never do this; there is no point using UpdatePanel when using Ext.NET... I dislike UpdatePanel very much myself :) However, this particular area of our app has low business priority to fully upgrade to Ext.NET right now, unfortunately.

Anyway, the regression seems to be that Ext.NET fields inside an UpdatePanel are hidden after a server update with latest version of Ext.NET 1.x. However, earlier versions of Ext.NET 1.x worked without problem in this scenario.

Here is a very cut down sample to reproduce the issue:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <script runat="server">
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Literal1.Text = "Server says: '" + TextField1.Text + "' on " + DateTime.Now;
        }
    </script>
    <html>
        <head runat="server">
            <title>Field inside update panel</title>
        </head>
        <body>
            <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />

<form id="HtmlForm" runat="server">
                <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
                <div>
                    <asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
                        <ContentTemplate>
                            <ext:TextField ID="TextField1" runat="server" Width="300px" />
                            <ext:Button ID="ExtButton1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true" Text="Submit" />
                        </ContentTemplate>
                    </asp:UpdatePanel>

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
                        <ContentTemplate>
                            <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Submit" />
                            <asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" />
                        </ContentTemplate>
                    </asp:UpdatePanel>
                </div>
            </form>
        </body>
    </html>
    Expectation: any button used to submit (Ext.NET or ASP.NET) will update the Literal with the appropriate value (the text box contents + date time)

Actual: after submitting to the server the Ext.NET controls are hidden; only the ASP.NET controls are visible.

Further info:
    I know this was working before. Fortunately, somehow I know a previous version with which it worked: Revision/Build 4424 - October 16. So I got that version from our code history and confirmed it worked with that version. I've been running with that for quite a while. Just a week ago I updated to latest code, and we spotted this today. So perhaps something has changed between those two? I had a quick scan of the SVN commits in between that time and couldn't spot anything obvious, but of course I don't really know the code base as well as you guys...

The only workaround I can think of is to use an ASP.NET control (though I'd much prefer the Ext.NET one coz in the real code there are more complex fields such as Trigger, so recreating some of that functionality could be hard...!)
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 12, 2013 at 5:24 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello Anup,

Thank you for the report! We are investigating.
    Thanks again for the super quick fix :)