[CLOSED] SVN - which one ? trunk or branch ?

  1. #1

    [CLOSED] SVN - which one ? trunk or branch ?

    Hello

    You sent me two SVN link. What' s the differance trunk and branch ?
    I seperately downladed from trunk and branch. i checked the dll versions after build the solution.They have different dll versions each other.
    Which one should i use ?-- and for what ?( set an example )

    Thanks (:
    Last edited by Baidaly; Feb 07, 2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
  2. #2
    As noted in email, there are two project locations. Which one to use depends on which version of Ext.NET you are building with.

    Location v2.x : http://svn.ext.net/premium/trunk/
    Location v1.x : http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/1/

    If you are using Ext.NET 2.x, then choose the /trunk/

    If you are using Ext.NET 1.x, then choose /branches/1/

    Hope this helps answer your question.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder & CEO
  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    As noted in email, there are two project locations. Which one to use depends on which version of Ext.NET you are building with.

    Location v2.x : http://svn.ext.net/premium/trunk/
    Location v1.x : http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/1/

    If you are using Ext.NET 2.x, then choose the /trunk/

    If you are using Ext.NET 1.x, then choose /branches/1/

    Hope this helps answer your question.
    Hello Geoffrey,

    The confusing thing is http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/2.1/ Is this the same thing with http://svn.ext.net/premium/trunk/ ?

    Thanks.
  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bayoglu View Post
    Hello Geoffrey,

    The confusing thing is http://svn.ext.net/premium/branches/2.1/ Is this the same thing with http://svn.ext.net/premium/trunk/ ?

    Thanks.
    No. /branches/2.1/ is the Ext.NET 2.1 release, and is just there more for legacy reasons at this point. We will be removing at some point after the Ext.NET 2.2 release.

    I'd recommend you keep your decision down to the two choices listed in the email. /branches/1/ if you're using Ext.NET 1.x and /trunk/ if you're using Ext.NET 2.x.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder & CEO
  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    No. /branches/2.1/ is the Ext.NET 2.1 release, and is just there more for legacy reasons at this point. We will be removing at some point after the Ext.NET 2.2 release.

    I'd recommend you keep your decision down to the two choices listed in the email. /branches/1/ if you're using Ext.NET 1.x and /trunk/ if you're using Ext.NET 2.x.
    OK, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. [CLOSED] [Trunk SVN] Summary Grid error
    By Aurelio in forum 2.x Legacy Premium Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2013, 10:48 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2013, 5:27 AM
  3. [CLOSED] TreePanel.setRootNode does not work in the Trunk anymore
    By gets_gui in forum 2.x Legacy Premium Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2013, 3:32 PM
  4. Update from branch
    By yash.kapoor in forum 2.x Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 14, 2012, 2:32 AM
  5. [CLOSED] about premium trunk
    By CPA1158139 in forum 1.x Legacy Premium Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 23, 2012, 3:08 PM

Posting Permissions