[CLOSED] Infinite srolling buffered grid scrolling problem

[CLOSED] Infinite srolling buffered grid scrolling problem

Hi Daniil, I would like kindly ask you for help again. Now we are using in our project buffered grid for large tables and also for smaller one as a standard. The main problem is that when the user tries to scroll to the end of grid eventually, so it is not allowed. Although briefly appears the last row of the grid, but after releasing paging scroller, grid scroll back one page and end of grid/last records in DB are not visible.. The same problem is by using down arrow keys etc.. Even when user uses our find function (implemented by GuaranteeRange func), so a short appearance in the last page of the sought record, but then roll back. It seems as if it is a problem on the last page of the grid. I tried to experiment with the parameters PageSize, Trailing BufferZone, Purge Page Count, etc.. but without success.Can you please tell in what could be the problem? It's really important for us. Thanks a lot. ASAPCH
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Do you able to reproduce the issue with any official example? If no then please post your test case reproduces the issue
    Hi @ASAPCH,

Unfortunately, I can't guess what might be wrong.

We would be happy to investigate a sample if you could provide.

There are two Sencha threads with the overview of the buffered infinite scrolling functionality.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...rolling-in-4.1
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/first-loo...xt-js-4-2-grid

Please notice that the trunk Ext.NET version currently uses ExtJS 4.2.

Ext.Net Example Reproduces

Hello Danil and ASAPCH

I was just about to ask the same question. The problem can be reproduced on the Ext.Net sample page.

https://examples2.ext.net/#/GridPane...red_Scrolling/

If you scroll to the bottom, you only see the last row for a moment before it goes away. Also, if you select any row, and try to arrow down, you can only arrow down about 10 rows before you are no longer able to arrow down.

- P
    Hello Patrick,

Thank you for the details. Though, seems, I can't reproduce the issues. Tested in Chrome.

Also some steps/issues is unclear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick G View Post
    If you scroll to the bottom
    Using the mouse and a scrollbar? Just hold the scrollbar by the mouse and move it to the most bottom?

you only see the last row for a moment before it goes away.
    How does it look? A screenshot would be helpful.

you are no longer able to arrow down.
    What happens? Nothing? Is just Arrow Down key ignored?
    Hello Danil

Thank you for your quick response. My apologies that I did not test in Chrome and Fire Fox prior to sending my post. The buffered scrolling works great in Chrome and Firefox.

The scrolling problem only appears to be a problem for me in IE9 and 'only' on my machine. I tested on two other machines and they do not have this problem.

The arrow up and down problem seems to appear in IE 9 on all the machines I tested. The same problem happens in IE10 preview. Not a big deal.

Therefore, I don't think there is anything for you to worry about. We will use this buffered scrolling on long lists.

Thank you for making a great product.

Patrick
    The scrolling problem only appears to be a problem for me in IE9 and 'only' on my machine. I tested on two other machines and they do not have this problem.
    Yes, I also can't reproduce it in IE9.

The arrow up and down problem seems to appear in IE 9 on all the machines I tested. The same problem happens in IE10 preview. Not a big deal.
    Confirm, it is reproducible with the online example, but not with the SVN trunk sources. So, it was fixed.

Anyway, thank you for the report.

Thank you for making a great product.
    Thank you for the feedback! It causes us to work even better:)