[CLOSED] How to properly produce and handle a success=false result during Store save

[CLOSED] How to properly produce and handle a success=false result during Store save

Hi All,
    I'm trying to understand how to manage saving data from a store and handling failure.

My scenario is this:

1 grid on the left with a form on the right. Fill out the form, add that record to the grid (by using JS) and then calling save on the store. I have a BeforeRecordInserted method and using confirmation id.

protected void UsersStore_BeforeRecordInserted(object sender, BeforeRecordInsertedEventArgs e)
            {
    }
    and I would like to simulate failure for the moment and then return FALSE for success and then how do I remove that newly added row? (store.rejectChanges() reloads the store??? )
    so I might do something like:

protected void UsersStore_BeforeRecordInserted(object sender, BeforeRecordInsertedEventArgs e)
            {
    e.Cancel=true;
    e.Confirmation.UnConfirmRecord();
    }
    So how do I handle this properly.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hello!

Please, look at this thread http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ailed-Listener
    Quote Originally Posted by Baidaly View Post
    Ahh,I see I was missing the after direct event handler and the required global success and message fields.

Thanks

[Closed]