[CLOSED] Grid with popup editor

[CLOSED] Grid with popup editor

Hello, I'm trying to migrate one of my projects from KendoUI to Ext.Net MVC, and I have a problem migrating a grid with AJAX CRUD operations and a popup editor.

In KendoUI I can specify an EditorTemplate to render in the popup window and then I just call the 'addRow' or 'editRow' methods of the grid and it shows the editor modal window and calls appropriate controller methods when I click the 'save' button in the editor window.

I failed to find any examples of how this can be implemented in Ext.Net.

I would appreciate any pointers to the right direction.
    Even if it's not possible to do exactly what I described in Ext.Net, an example of something even remotely similar would be great.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 07, 2013 at 1:36 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @acrossdev,

What about the RowEditing plugin?
    http://mvc.ext.net/#/GridPanel_Update/Restful/

Well, it is not a popup window, but something similar.

Please note that the online example shows a failure window on saving. But it works well in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    What about the RowEditing plugin?
    Tahnks for the suggestion, I noticed it but it doesn't really fit my needs. The reason is I need some relatively complicated GUI to create/edit a record. First the user chooses the record type and then a set of fields that depends on the type is displayed for editing. The grid columns are not the fields that are edited by the popup window, they are a projection of them. Think about editing the first and last name which are then concatenated and displayed in the "Full Name" column - that's not my situation, it's just an example to show why editing column values directly isn't appropriate to me.
    Unfortunately, we have no ready solution for editing using a popup window.

You could create a Window with a FormPanel. Bind a record to that FormPanel.

Edit the FormPanel fields, then save.

There is the FormPanelFor builder which you might use.
    http://mvc.ext.net/#/Models/FormPanelFor/

Theoretically, the following should be possible.

Putting a partial view into a Window. Then putting a FormPanelFor into that partial view. Then rerender that partial view with a respective Model's object when a user chooses a type of record.

Hope this helps.