Trouble in deployment

Trouble in deployment

Hi,

I'm getting an error in deploying the application I have made. I am able to debug the application without error in visual studios but upon deployment I have this error appearing in internet explorer: "Error: 'Ext' is undefined".

All that the application is showing on every page appears to be raw html.

Thanks,

eli
    Can you list server configuration such iis version, etc?
    Windows 7, iis 6.1, x64 machine.
    I don't have the error anymore because I added the CleanResourceUrl="false" tag to the resource manager.

Now I am receiving the popup error -- The web.config file for this project is missing the required DirectRequestModule.

But I already have the DirectRequestModule in the web.config file.
    Quote Originally Posted by fosteliss View Post
    Now I am receiving the popup error -- The web.config file for this project is missing the required DirectRequestModule.

But I already have the DirectRequestModule in the web.config file.
    Something is not configured correctly in your Web.config. If you post a copy of your Web.config (remove anything private), we should be able to help.

There is also a Sample.Web.config in the download package. As well, if you install Ext.NET using NuGet, the Web.config should be automatically configured correctly.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Here is my web.config file. The application is working fine running from visual studios but when I "Build deployment package" and try and put it on iis I have the issues.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!--
      For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=152368
      -->
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="system.web.webPages.razor" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorWebSectionGroup, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <section name="host" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" />
          <section name="pages" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorPagesSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
        <section name="extnet" type="Ext.Net.GlobalConfig" requirePermission="false" />
      </configSections>
      <extnet licenseKey="---" idMode="Explicit" initScriptMode="Linked" scriptMode="Debug" theme="Default"/>
      <system.web.webPages.razor>
        <host factoryType="System.Web.Mvc.MvcWebRazorHostFactory, System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
        <pages pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage">
          <namespaces>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Ajax" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Routing" />
            <add namespace="Ext.Net" />
            <add namespace="Ext.Net.MVC" />
          </namespaces>
        </pages>
      </system.web.webPages.razor>
      <appSettings>
        <add key="webpages:Version" value="1.0.0.0" />
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true" />
        <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true" />
      </appSettings>
      <system.web>
        <httpModules>
          <add name="DirectRequestModule" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" />
        </httpModules>
        <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
          <assemblies>
            <add assembly="System.Web.Abstractions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add assembly="System.Web.Helpers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add assembly="System.Web.Routing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add assembly="System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add assembly="System.Web.WebPages, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add assembly="System.Data.Entity, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
            <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />
            <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
            <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" />
          </assemblies>
        </compilation>
        <httpHandlers>
          <add path="*/ext.axd" verb="*" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" validate="false" />
        </httpHandlers>
        <authentication mode="Forms">
          <forms loginUrl="~/Account/LogOn" timeout="2880" />
        </authentication>
        <pages>
          <namespaces>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Helpers" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Ajax" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Routing" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.WebPages" />
          </namespaces>
        </pages>
      </system.web>
      <system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
        <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
      </system.webServer>
      <runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="3.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>

</configuration>
    You are probably deploying to IIS7 and you are missing the required <system.webServer> sections.

I would review the Sample.Web.config and triple check that you have all the same settings.

This is only a Web.config issue. You are missing sections in the <system.webServer> node.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    That was the problem, thanks! It works now. I was confused between the IIS manager version and the actual IIS version. I have IIS 7.5 but the manager is 6.1.

Thanks again.

eli