[CLOSED] [#76] Package Ext.NET.MVC Not Available?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    In our MVC download .zip file there is a "Sample" MVC project.

Download the .zip file, extract to a location on your computer, then double click the .sln file.

http://ext.net/download/

Does that work?
    Yes, it builds and runs ... this sample (and the previous 2.1.0 sample) is where I eventually ended up after trying the book, the package and the various forum threads.

Only [very minor] "issue" with the 2.1.1 sample is that it depends on the folder relationship to the ..\lib\ folder for the Ext.NET DLL dependencies, which isn't necessarily valid if the DLLs have been extracted and placed in a different place than the code (which obviously would then require the user to manually register the dependent DLLs) .... Otherwise, yes, this sample should probably be the "go-to" for any user wanting a minimal Ext.NET MVC3 project to examine.

Thanks,

--
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    ... Yes, for now it is the only option.

Please clarify do you nay problem to follow this guide?
    Yes, I tried it, but ran into some minor issues that other [more experienced ASP.NET / Ext.NET] developers might have just blown right by:

1. It only refers to [a single] Web.config - for the description of an example MVC project there should be at least a mention that both the "master" Web.config and the .\Views\Web.config exist, the developer should be told whether both are required/desired for Ext.NET, whether the Ext.NET settings should be the same in both, etc.
    2. Views\Examples\Index.cshtml has a reference to the /resources/css/examples.css stylesheet, so I can only assume that copying the Ext.NET resources folder tree into the new project is implied (and perhaps a "best practice" if you want to make any other references to Web.config theme settings, or any of the other resources).

--
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexMadarasz View Post
    Yes, I tried it, but ran into some minor issues that other [more experienced ASP.NET / Ext.NET] developers might have just blown right by:

1. It only refers to [a single] Web.config - for the description of an example MVC project there should be at least a mention that both the "master" Web.config and the .\Views\Web.config exist, the developer should be told whether both are required/desired for Ext.NET, whether the Ext.NET settings should be the same in both, etc.
    2. Views\Examples\Index.cshtml has a reference to the /resources/css/examples.css stylesheet, so I can only assume that copying the Ext.NET resources folder tree into the new project is implied (and perhaps a "best practice" if you want to make any other references to Web.config theme settings, or any of the other resources).

--
    Alex
    Thanks for the feedback.

1. I'll look into this.

2. I'll either remove the examples.css reference, or add the examples.css file to the page. Either way it's not required for the samples to run properly.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thanks for the feedback.

1. I'll look into this.

2. I'll either remove the examples.css reference, or add the examples.css file to the page. Either way it's not required for the samples to run properly.
    Note that the reply you referenced was to my earlier reference to forum thread 16920, which has manual instructions for setting up a project and editing the files by hand, not to the MVC sample.

--
    Alex

As far as I can know the both Web.configs are not required. The main one should be enough. At least it works well in the sample MVC project.

Thank you. I removed it. It is not required at all.
    I reading in the book Ext.NET Web Application Development. Chapter 1 Page 23
    Error Install-Package Ext.NET.MVC ? Why?
    How to using Ext.Net For MVC?

do i have to use the previous version?
    because that could previously be used
    Last edited by 4L4Y; Feb 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM.
    At this moment, you can download MVC package from Download page
    http://www.ext.net/download/
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    At this moment, you can download MVC package from Download page
    http://www.ext.net/download/
    thanks for reply vlad
    to be honest, i do not know how to use ext.net from that link.
    so i'll use ext.net version 2.1.0, it works for mvc.
    pm> install-package ext.net -version 2.1.0
    if i using ext.net from that link, im still missing ext.net.mvc reference.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM.
    Do you see the "for ASP.NET MVC" link on the download (http://ext.net/download/) page?

Inside that link is a sample ASP.NET MVC demo project that contains all the correct references and global.asax settings.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Do you see the "for ASP.NET MVC" link on the download (http://ext.net/download/) page?

Inside that link is a sample ASP.NET MVC demo project that contains all the correct references and global.asax settings.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for Reply geoffrey, and sorry about my prev post

Yes, i see and i downloaded file from that link
    i have a problem again,

this my step,
    1. Donwload ExtNet Via nuget.
    2. Edited Web.config
    this my code
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!--
      For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=152368
      -->
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <!-- For more information on Entity Framework configuration, visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=237468 -->
        <section name="entityFramework" type="System.Data.Entity.Internal.ConfigFile.EntityFrameworkSection, EntityFramework, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
        <section name="extnet" type="Ext.Net.GlobalConfig" requirePermission="false" />
      <sectionGroup name="system.web.webPages.razor" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorWebSectionGroup, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    		<section name="host" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"/>
    		<section name="pages" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorPagesSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false"/>
    	</sectionGroup>
      </configSections>

<appSettings>
        <add key="webpages:Version" value="1.0.0.0" />
        <add key="ClientValidationEnabled" value="true" />
        <add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true" />
      </appSettings>

<system.web>
        <compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.5" />
        <authentication mode="Forms">
          <forms loginUrl="~/Account/LogOn" timeout="2880" />
        </authentication>
        <pages>
          <namespaces>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Helpers" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Ajax" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Routing" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.WebPages" />
          </namespaces>
          <controls>
            <add assembly="Ext.Net" namespace="Ext.Net" tagPrefix="ext" />
          </controls>
        </pages>
        <httpRuntime targetFramework="4.5" />
        <profile defaultProvider="DefaultProfileProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultProfileProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </profile>
        <membership defaultProvider="DefaultMembershipProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultMembershipProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </membership>
        <roleManager defaultProvider="DefaultRoleProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultRoleProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" applicationName="/" />
          </providers>
        </roleManager>
        <!--
                If you are deploying to a cloud environment that has multiple web server instances,
                you should change session state mode from "InProc" to "Custom". In addition,
                change the connection string named "DefaultConnection" to connect to an instance
                of SQL Server (including SQL Azure and SQL  Compact) instead of to SQL Server Express.
          -->
        <sessionState mode="InProc" customProvider="DefaultSessionProvider">
          <providers>
            <add name="DefaultSessionProvider" type="System.Web.Providers.DefaultSessionStateProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" />
          </providers>
        </sessionState>
        <httpHandlers>
          <add path="*/ext.axd" verb="*" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" validate="false" />
        </httpHandlers>
        <httpModules>
          <add name="DirectRequestModule" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" />
        </httpModules>
      </system.web>

<system.webServer>
        <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
        <modules>
          <add name="DirectRequestModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Ext.Net.DirectRequestModule, Ext.Net" />
        </modules>
        <handlers>
          <add name="DirectRequestHandler" verb="*" path="*/ext.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Ext.Net.ResourceHandler" />
        </handlers>
      </system.webServer>
      <runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="3.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-4.5.9" newVersion="4.5.10" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Ext.Net.Utilities" publicKeyToken="2c34ac34702a3c23" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.1" newVersion="2.1.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Transformer.NET" publicKeyToken="e274d618e7c603a7" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.0.0" newVersion="2.1.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Transformer.NET" publicKeyToken="e274d618e7c603a7" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.1.1.22883" newVersion="2.1.1.22883" />
          </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>
      <entityFramework>
        <defaultConnectionFactory type="System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.LocalDbConnectionFactory, EntityFramework">
          <parameters>
            <parameter value="v11.0" />
          </parameters>
        </defaultConnectionFactory>
      </entityFramework>
      <connectionStrings>
        <add name="DefaultConnection" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDb)\v11.0;Initial Catalog=aspnet-MvcExtNet-20130313120756;Integrated Security=SSPI;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|\aspnet-MvcExtNet-20130313120756.mdf" />
      </connectionStrings>
      <extnet theme="Gray" />
    </configuration>
    3. Edit Global.asax
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Data.Entity;
    using System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.Mvc;
    using System.Web.Routing;

namespace MvcExtNet
    {
        // Note: For instructions on enabling IIS6 or IIS7 classic mode, 
        // visit http://go.microsoft.com/?LinkId=9394801

public class MvcApplication : System.Web.HttpApplication
        {
            protected void Application_AuthenticateRequest(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                string url = HttpContext.Current.Request.FilePath;

if (url.EndsWith("ext.axd"))
                {
                    HttpContext.Current.SkipAuthorization = true;
                }
            }

public static void RegisterGlobalFilters(GlobalFilterCollection filters)
            {
                filters.Add(new HandleErrorAttribute());
            }

public static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
            {
                routes.IgnoreRoute("{resource}.axd/{*pathInfo}");
                routes.IgnoreRoute("{exclude}/{extnet}/ext.axd");

routes.MapRoute(
                    "Default", // Route name
                    "{controller}/{action}/{id}", // URL with parameters
                    new { controller = "Home", action = "Index", id = UrlParameter.Optional } // Parameter defaults
                );

}

protected void Application_Start()
            {
                AreaRegistration.RegisterAllAreas();

// Use LocalDB for Entity Framework by default
                Database.DefaultConnectionFactory = new SqlConnectionFactory(@"Data Source=(localdb)\v11.0; Integrated Security=True; MultipleActiveResultSets=True");

RegisterGlobalFilters(GlobalFilters.Filters);
                RegisterRoutes(RouteTable.Routes);
            }
        }
    }
    then i follow file code from this link http://ext.net/download/

and the problem:
    in view im still missing X.
    if i follow the controller in that file, i didnt get this.Direct?
    whats wrong with my code?

thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-ExtNet.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	5804 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asdasd.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	5806
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast