[CLOSED] Portal example in latest version

[CLOSED] Portal example in latest version

Hi,

I downloaded the latest version of ext.net and its examples. When I run the 'Portal / Basic / DeLuxe' example the portlet with an url loaded in frame mode won't show up. Also other portlets are fixed to their position. When I change flex="1" to flex="0" in its portalcolumn then all works again.

Is this a known issue?
    Or am I missing something.
    What is flex doing precisely?

Also: I made some adjustments in the style of portlets and panels (f.e. overwriting .x-panel-header). With the new version I see that these adjustment are not shown anymore. Probably a new version of extjs? Checking the results I see that other style references take over the style (f.e. .x-nlg .x-panel-header-default-framed-top). Are these references changed often?

thanks, Hans
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 04, 2013 at 7:51 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Hans,

Quote Originally Posted by HansWapenaar View Post
    I downloaded the latest version of ext.net and its examples. When I run the 'Portal / Basic / DeLuxe' example the portlet with an url loaded in frame mode won't show up. Also other portlets are fixed to their position. When I change flex="1" to flex="0" in its portalcolumn then all works again.

Is this a known issue?
    Or am I missing something.
    What is flex doing precisely?
    The Flex option should be removed. Thank you for the report.

It should be used in the context of Box layouts (for example, HBox, VBox). But Portal uses Column layout.

I updated the sample.

Quote Originally Posted by HansWapenaar View Post
    Also: I made some adjustments in the style of portlets and panels (f.e. overwriting .x-panel-header). With the new version I see that these adjustment are not shown anymore. Probably a new version of extjs? Checking the results I see that other style references take over the style (f.e. .x-nlg .x-panel-header-default-framed-top). Are these references changed often?
    Yes, CSS has been reworked since Ext.NET v1 / ExtJS 3. It is not changed often, but can happen between the major releases like Ext.NET v1 => Ext.NET v2 (ExtJS 3 => ExtJS 4).
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    The Flex option should be removed. Thank you for the report.

It should be used in the context of Box layouts (for example, HBox, VBox). But Portal uses Column layout.
    I might be wrong. Needs to check.
    I can confirm that Flex should not be used for PortalColumns.
    Thanks Daniil,

One more thing about the latest version:
    I have a gridpanel in a panel (part of a panel with an accordionlayout). In version 2.0 all worked well. But in the latest version (2.1.0.23446) the data in the gridpanel did not appear anymore. I had to specify a height for the gridpanel. Then the contents of the gridpanel is back.
    No problem for me: it works, but is this change planned?

Hans
    Please start a new forum thread. Just our policy is keeping one topic per a thread.