[CLOSED] Change Examples Explorer to output debug scripts instead of minified scripts

[CLOSED] Change Examples Explorer to output debug scripts instead of minified scripts

Not sure if this will help others but it would be nice if Examples Explorer is outputting debug versions of ExtJS and Ext.NET scripts. I often use your hosted Examples Explorer to play with controls and I often debug in Chrome to see how things work internally. Of course, I can run Examples Explorer locally so this is no big deal at all.
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 09, 2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @jchau,

Thank you for the suggestion!

We will investigate a possibility to implement a menu option to switch to the debug mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchau View Post
    Not sure if this will help others but it would be nice if Examples Explorer is outputting debug versions of ExtJS and Ext.NET scripts. I often use your hosted Examples Explorer to play with controls and I often debug in Chrome to see how things work internally. Of course, I can run Examples Explorer locally so this is no big deal at all.
    Thanks for the great suggestion.

Ok, in the Examples Explorer (v2 only) we're going to add a "Debug Mode" checkbox menu item to the "Options" menu. The "Options" button is next to the search filter, upper left.

By default the "Debug Mode" will be unchecked and all scripts will rendered in their "Release Mode" state, which is minified/compressed.

If checked, all samples will be rendered with -debug scripts and source formatting applied to the initialization script. The value will persist across the Session.

Daniil is working on this and will let us know once implemented and tested.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

Implemented, revision #4492, branch 2.1. It will be put into trunk soon as well. Applied to the both - WebForm and MVC - examples explorers.

I also updated the online Examples Explorer (A WebForm one. An MVC one is not available online yet, but will be soon.)

If you will discover any issues, please report.

Thank you again for the suggestion.
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 09, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Awesome work Daniil, thanks for implementing this feature. It's very handy to have.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thank you for the kind words!