[OPEN] [#60] Upgrading from v1.0 to v2.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[OPEN] [#60] Upgrading from v1.0 to v2.0

I am trying to upgrade from v1.0 to v2.0 and have a few questions.

1) Our web project targets v3.5. Can we still upgrade to v2.0?

2) What's the upgrade path for store's BaseParams? I dont see anything in ChangeLog.txt for that

3) Has anyone done an upgrade from v1.0 to v2.0 and is it a nightmare? After looking through the ChangeLog, I feel like I have to manually update ALL my codebehind, ALL my aspx, and ALL my javascript files. Then we have to test the ENTIRE application all over again.
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM. Reason: [OPEN] [#60]
    1) Our web project targets v3.5. Can we still upgrade to v2.0?
    Ext.NET 2.0 requires .NET 4, but we have changed the requirements for the upcoming Ext.NET 2.1 release, which will support .NET 3.5. The Ext.NET.MVC release (v2.1) will still require .NET 4.

Ext.NET.WebForms = .NET 3.5
    Ext.NET.MVC = .NET 4.0

2) What's the upgrade path for store's BaseParams? I dont see anything in ChangeLog.txt for that
    Looks like there was a typo in the CHANGELOG.txt, see item #31:

31.  Store .BaseParams has been renamed to .Parameters
         Parameter has been renamed to StoreParameter
    3) Has anyone done an upgrade from v1.0 to v2.0 and is it a nightmare? After looking through the ChangeLog, I feel like I have to manually update ALL my codebehind, ALL my aspx, and ALL my javascript files.
    I've updated a few large projects, including the Ext.NET Examples Explorer and almost all changes were accomplished via Visual Studio search+replace. The majority of changes were property renamings, although if you used Layout controls there will be some hand work required.

Then we have to test the ENTIRE application all over again.
    Any major upgrade would require this step, whether there are breaking changes or not.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Ext.NET 2.0 requires .NET 4, but we have changed the requirements for the upcoming Ext.NET 2.1 release, which will support .NET 3.5. The Ext.NET.MVC release (v2.1) will still require .NET 4.

Ext.NET.WebForms = .NET 3.5
    Ext.NET.MVC = .NET 4.0
    When will the 2.1 version that supports .NET 3.5 be available for Premium users with access to SVN?

Also, what's the upgrade path for AsyncTreeNode? The ChangeLog says to use Node with NodeType = "async" but I dont see a NodeType property on Node. Screenshot attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-10-26_12h39_55.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	4982
    Quote Originally Posted by jchau View Post
    When will the 2.1 version that supports .NET 3.5 be available for Premium users with access to SVN?
    Ext.NET 2.1 with support for .NET 3.5 is available now in the SVN /trunk/

http://svn.ext.net/premium/trunk/

We're hoping to publicly release Ext.NET 2.1 in the first week of November, although several things have to come together before that can happen. But, we're still shooting for the first week.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by jchau View Post
    Also, what's the upgrade path for AsyncTreeNode? The ChangeLog says to use Node with NodeType = "async" but I dont see a NodeType property on Node. Screenshot attached.
    Thank you for the report. This changelog item is out-of-date for v2.1.

It has been updated in SVN. Now it looks:
    83. AsyncTreeNode class has been removed. Use a Node class instead.

If a Node is not a leaf and doesn't contain any children, it will initiate a load request on expand.
    Ext.NET 2.1 with support for .NET 3.5 is available now in the SVN /trunk/
    ok, maybe I jumped the gun on that one.

We still have a little work to do regarding .NET 3.5 support in the Ext.NET 2.1 release. The /trunk/ needs a few changes, but it will support .NET 3.5 before the public release.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Oct 26, 2012 at 6:18 PM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    ok, maybe I jumped the gun on that one.

We still have a little work to do regarding .NET 3.5 support in the Ext.NET 2.1 release. The /trunk/ needs a few changes, but it will support .NET 3.5 before the public release.
    no problem. I got the latest and noticed the Ext.Net project is still targeting 4.0.
    What's the upgrade path to XType? I have many custom server controls that inherit from Ext controls with its own javascript class. Before I can override XType but that property is gone. I don't see an Alias property either. Do I only need to override InstanceOf?
    What's the upgrade path to XType? I have many custom server controls that inherit from Ext controls with its own javascript class. Before I can override XType but that property is gone. I don't see an Alias property either. Do I only need to override InstanceOf?
    XType is still available. It is defined in AbastractComponent.cs file and all widgets use that property
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    XType is still available. It is defined in AbastractComponent.cs file and all widgets use that property
    oops. My control was inheriting from Observable. I changed it to AbstractComponent. Thanks!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast