[CLOSED] Setting Store Datasource - MVC

[CLOSED] Setting Store Datasource - MVC

I have a controller which is using the controller extensions and as such, I am using the GetCmp method for a store. After that I am trying to set the store's datasource from a list of a model:

Dim emailData As New List(Of Email)
               emailData.Add(New Email() With {.Subject = "Test Email", _
                                                .Sender = sample.CorrespondentInfo.EmailAddress, _
                                                .CarbonCopy = Me.MakeRecipient(sample.BrokerInfo), _
                                                .Body = Me.MakeBody(sample), _
                                                .Recipient = Me.MakeRecipient(sample.Documents(0).Cedent) _
                                                            + Me.MakeRecipient(sample.Documents(0).Reinsurers)})

Me.GetCmp(Of Store)("storeEmail").DataSource = emailData
                Me.GetCmp(Of Store)("storeEmail").DataBind()

The controller goes through a lot of rules to get the correct information, but in the end, it just provides string values to the email object. I have inspected the email object, and it is functioning as expected. I have inspected the Me.GetCmp(Of Store)("storeEmail") code and it is getting the correct component. However, after I set the DataSource property and inspect it, the value is "null" -even though I have one item in my list. The result is that nothing is being bound to my store. Is there anything obvious here I am missing on setting the datasource of a store?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Daniil; Oct 26, 2012 at 5:55 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @adelaney,

Is it all during a DirectEvent?
    It is currently within a Ajax.BeginForm block.
    Just an extra bit of info - I don't think I actually have the store. If I inspect this: Me.GetCmp(Of Store)("storeEmail"), I do see an object, but even if I put in a fake ID (e.g. "store123") that I know doesn't exist, I still get an object to inspect in the immediate window. So, how do I know whether the controller really has the "real" component or not? (I would have expected a "nothing" for an invalid ID).
    Quote Originally Posted by adelaney View Post
    It is currently within a Ajax.BeginForm block.
    Well, you could just use the Store's DataSource property.
    .DataSource(emailData)
    Quote Originally Posted by adelaney View Post
    Just an extra bit of info - I don't think I actually have the store. If I inspect this: Me.GetCmp(Of Store)("storeEmail"), I do see an object, but even if I put in a fake ID (e.g. "store123") that I know doesn't exist, I still get an object to inspect in the immediate window. So, how do I know whether the controller really has the "real" component or not? (I would have expected a "nothing" for an invalid ID).
    Well, X.GetCmp<>() does know nothing about real controls. Generally, Razor engine doesn't operate at all with the "control" term.

This method just creates a proxy class which can be used to generate JavaScript during DirectEvents or DirectMethods which calls controller actions.