[CLOSED] Grid Editing - Combo w/ Dynamic data

[CLOSED] Grid Editing - Combo w/ Dynamic data

I have a grid with is using the cell editing plug in. For one of the columns, I need to provide data to the store based on a value in my grid row. For example, if the grid were a list of employees, and my column was projects, I would need to pass the employeeID(one of my model fields) to my controller in order to populate my combo with a list of projects for that employee. Am I able to configure something like this in my view or does this need to be done solely at the client? Finally, my grid is inside a form tag as I want to do batch editing via a post (button click) once all the editing is done. However, I do not want my call back to get the combo data to post the form - if that is at all possible.
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 27, 2012 at 6:28 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @adelaney,

Quote Originally Posted by adelaney View Post
    I have a grid with is using the cell editing plug in. For one of the columns, I need to provide data to the store based on a value in my grid row. For example, if the grid were a list of employees, and my column was projects, I would need to pass the employeeID(one of my model fields) to my controller in order to populate my combo with a list of projects for that employee. Am I able to configure something like this in my view or does this need to be done solely at the client?
    I don't think there is a possibility to configure this behavior in the View. There is a single ComboBox for each row, so, it needs to populate this ComboBox each time when a user edits a cell.

Here is the example for Ext.NET v1, but it demonstrates the idea.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post74887

I think it is possible to achieve the same behavior for Ext.NET v2.

Quote Originally Posted by adelaney View Post
    Finally, my grid is inside a form tag as I want to do batch editing via a post (button click) once all the editing is done.
    The grid's data are rendered using <table>, <div> HTML elements. They are not submittable elements. Please review our examples how to save/submit grid's data. I think a new forum thread for this topic would be best.