GridPanel extensibility

GridPanel extensibility

I'm wondering if the new gridPanel control will let us add additional usability using JavaScript directly.
    I need to make a grid with, lets say, a classic toolbar and a second toolbar that will contain filter options, etc, and also a footer with totals and additional information.
    If these toolbar need a Ext Menu, or Ext Select, or whatever that will require a direct javascript implementation, can I use the grid control as a usual .net control and still make those additional stuff with javascript?

thx and good job with the extension

RE: GridPanel extensibility

The Coolite Toolkit controls render out just standard JavaScript. Adding menu's, toolbars, etc is not a problem even now, although the Ext configuration scripts would have to be generated manually.

Eventually (v1.0), the complete Ext widget library will be supported and available as .NET web controls.

I might be able to come up with a code sample demonstrating how to integrate a Toolkit control with other Ext config widgets/objects. Do you have a specific example of what you are trying to build? maybe with just ext code?

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder