[OPEN] [#10] Memory leaks‎

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    I think I have reproduced the same with a pure ExtJS test case. Reported here:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265047

Let's wait Sencha will confirm it or not.
    They opened a bug. It is a bit of success.

I reported another issue related to memory leaking. It leaks if reload a Store.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265051

As a summary, there are now three opened bug tickets related memory leaking (two with iframes).
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?264618
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265047
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?265051

Hopefully, Sencha will consider these bugs as severe ones.
    Thanks @Daniil and Ext.NET team for your kind support following and reproducing this issue.

We hope Sencha will consider this an important bug and try to solve it as soon as possible, as we are dealing with this problem from September 2012.

Due to this bug we'd worked all this time with two development lines, one stopped to market as we can't launch any new release with Ext.NET 2.X version.

We have not any comercial relation with Secha, so we hope you could deal this issue directly with Sencha folks as close as you can.

Any information Sencha could provide about an estimated date would be extremely useful for us in order to know how we must proceed in a near future.

Kind regards and thanks again.
    Last edited by softmachine2011; Jun 05, 2013 at 1:35 PM.
    Yes, we will deal with Sencha as closer as possible, regarding this issue.

Honestly, it is a big leap that now we have three opened bugs regarding this issue. It means that, at least, one member of Sencha team (@slemmon) reproduced and consider it as a bug.

Thank you very much for all your patience and understanding.
    Hi again,

Is there any place to see what is the current status of these bugs?

Is there any way to know an estimated date?

Thanks.

Sencha Silence

Dear Daniil,

Could you please try to reach Sencha again?

Concerning Ext.NET we are at cross roads right now. In the current situation being based on Sencha Ext JS affects you badly too. Right now we are reverting all our Ext.NET development efforts (which cost us dearly) back. The next step on our side will to find alternatives Ext.NET and use them instead, but before going that road we would really like to stay on the course we have currently invested ourselves in.

So please, any information you can get from Sencha will go great lengths at keeping your current customers!

Best Regards,
    Arslan Arslan
    LOGO Business Solutions.
    @ArslanA

I sympathise with your situation - Sencha has often been difficult to get timely responses from, I find. However, I wonder if this issue can be tackled from another perspective:

I appreciate this is not trivial, but would it be worth the effort to revisit your iframe approach - try to load Ext.NET components dynamically during an AJAX request, or through Direct Events instead of loading iframes? It may help provide an even slicker experience for your end users while by-passing some of the memory leak issues?

Although it does seem Sencha has a memory leak issue with iframes, even if that is sorted out, or you switch to another framework altogether, heavy use of iframes could still be an isuse. For example,

• The browser itself will still have to manage many iframes, which will still require more memory;
    • Your pages might have to download more HTML/CSS/JavaScript than necessary (not always) and you may need to end up writing iframe cross communication code which can be annoying/messy (though Ext.NET's message bus may help I suppose);
    • If your iframe contents are creating more Ext.NET based pages, various Ext.NET/Ext JS initialization will need to occur again, and possibly re-download script already downloaded in the main frame (though caching of course helps, but doesn't take away browser parsing/processing/interpreting of such scripts).

In an app I work on in my workplace, we have a mix of loading iframes in tabs/windows and dynamically loading Ext.NET components during AJAX requests and insert them into tabs/windows during AJAX requests, DirectMethods and DirectEvents, etc. The latter is far slicker. The only reason we still have those iframes-based approaches is they are very time consuming to convert into Ext.NET components (complex functionality and low priority) but we definitely want to do it (and have started to do so).

I also sympathise with your feeling to consider another solution - but the weeks/months of work using a different library and migrating everything across, could that similar effort be spent in not relying on iframes in first place? (I know, it is easy for me to say it here but I know it is hard to do in reality. Even in my example above we have challenges in converting some iframe-based pages into components - mostly a time constraint though...!)

All that being said, I do hope Sencha can solve this soon, because our giant app at work is still 1.x and while we have approval to migrate to 2.x we haven't prioritised it yet, but this would be a potential issue for us, too.

Hope that helps in some way :)
    Anup, thank your attention and the very valuable response!

Hi @ArslanA,

Unfortunately, we have no information about this issue from Sencha unless the info which is already in the forum thread. Well, the info is very limited - they opened a bug ticket which probably means they consider it a bug. That's it. As everybody, I do not understand why they keep silence ignoring all the complaints including the ones from their own premium members. This bug looks very severe, making ExtJS 4 unusable if iframes are required in an application.

We are so sorry that we cannot get rid of that problem in Ext.NET. I do understand, you don't need our apologies, but, unfortunately, we can't provide more at the moment.
    Hi,

Taking up this issue again, did you know if iframe's memory leak problems could be solved with the brand new EXT.JS 5.0 version?

Hope you could check this problem with newer available version and give us some light about this ancient issue.

Tanks again and kind regards.
    Last edited by softmachine2011; May 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
    Yes, it is a good suggestion to test it with ExtJS 5. Thank you. I will do that.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast