[OPEN] [#10] Memory leaks‎

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Opened an Issue on GitHub to track this defect, see

https://github.com/extnet/Ext.NET/issues/10
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

ExtJS 4.2 beta released

Hi,

Yesterday was released a new version of ExtJS 4.2.

Do you know if you have fixed the memory leaks?

And, do you have a roadmap to incorporate it into the SVN Ext.NET?

Greetings,
    Last edited by softmachine2011; Dec 12, 2012 at 7:54 AM.
    It is beta only (not final release)
    We are updating trunk version with ExtJS 4.2 beta, it should be finished in 2-3 days
    We will post here when you can update

You know if you have fixed the memory leaks?
    We cannot say yet, we will retest Ext.Net after ExtJS update and notify you
    We are going to devote some more time to investigating this Memory Leak issue, but we need your help.

Can you do the following:

1. Upgrade to the latest Ext.NET release in SVN.

We recently updated to the /trunk/ to ExtJS 4.2 (2013-02-13). It's possible the Memory Leak situation has improved.
    2. Is the problem still present? Has the memory usage improved, become worse or is about the same?
    3. Unless there has been a significant improvement, we need your help in narrowing down the problem.

The best way for us to ensure we're all dealing with the same problem is to create a sample which demonstrates how to reproduce the problem consistently. Once we have a sample we all confirm reproduces the memory leak problem, we can investigate deep into the problem and we provide this information to Sencha so their devs can begin an investigation.

Creating a consistently reproducible sample has been a difficult task. If we can build a focused sample which consistently reproduces the problem, then we should be able to make real progress in fixing this defect.
    4. What browser are you testing with?
      What operating system is the browser running under?
      Is the problem reproduced in other browsers and/or operating systems?

The more details you can provide about the better we will be able to diagnose and hopefully fix.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 22, 2013 at 1:43 PM.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Last edited by Aurelio; Feb 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
    Hi Aurelio,

This is excellent news. Thanks for running these tests and posting the results. We really appreciate your assistance.

@softmachine2011 - Can you confirm these results with your application?
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

We have performed some test to our application and if you open a window in an iframe, closes it, and repeat this 5-6 times. Memory increases, and when window is closed, memory decrease a bit but, not all memory that growths in the opening.

It uses 40MB in a window opening and it releases 12MB at closing event. There are 26MB remaining in memory.

Also we realized that in sencha docs says that closeAction is default destroy, but I must write it explicitly or it doesn't release memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by softmachine2011 View Post
    Also we realized that in sencha docs says that closeAction is default destroy, but I must write it explicitly or it doesn't release memory.
    CloseAction of tabs in Ext.NET should be also Destroy by default.

So, are you saying that there is no memory leaking if set up CloseAction to Destroy explicitly?

Quote Originally Posted by softmachine2011 View Post
    It uses 40MB in a window opening and it releases 12MB at closing event. There are 26MB remaining in memory.
    It can depend on Garbage Collector logic of a browser. Commonly, garbage collection doesn't occur on each, for example, removing a DOM object. It would slow down an application's performance.

It occurs periodically in some intervals according some logic.

So, to ensure there is memory leaking or not, it needs to fulfill a long test.

EDIT

CloseAction of tabs in Ext.NET should be also Destroy by default.
    Sorry, I missed the fact that you asked about a Window. Yes, it is Hide for a Window in Ext.NET as Vladimir said.
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 05, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
    It doesn't indicate that it is memory leakage because grabage collector can run if memory exceeds some limit only therefore such small memory consumption can be ignored by garbage collector. Do you able to reproduce large memory leakage (200-300 MB)?

Yes, in Ext.Net default mode is Hide, you need to set Destroy explicitly
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    It doesn't indicate that it is memory leakage because grabage collector can run if memory exceeds some limit only therefore such small memory consumption can be ignored by garbage collector. Do you able to reproduce large memory leakage (200-300 MB)?
    A quick simple test that I can perform is the next one:
    -Open my application: 121MB
    -Open a tab (iframe) that contains a grid: 153MB

-Open a window (iframe): 224MB and close it: 212MB
    -Open a window (iframe): 259MB and close it: 247MB
    -Open a window (iframe): 295MB and close it: 283MB
    -Open a window (iframe): 328MB and close it: 316MB
    -Open a window (iframe): 360MB and close it: 348MB
    -Open a window (iframe): 400MB and close it: 388MB

After doing this, I expected that my memory usage has been around 153MB like before open any window. I can understand that memory is higher than 153MB because garbage collector recycle it periodically. But there are 235MB more of memory usage with the same result.

Tested under IE 9.0.8112.16421 in Windows7 Professional Service Pack 1 (32bit)

Is this significant or you consider that is a normal situation?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast