[OPEN] [#10] Memory leaks‎

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tagging thread as [OPEN]
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi again,

Apart from Sencha thread, do you have any news about this issue from ExtJS folks?

We need to know when our application could be launched.

Regards.
    Hi,

Well, we think it is a deep bug in ExtJS. I am afraid we can't fix it. At least, soon.

Vladimir bumped the thread. We hope to get any response from ExtJS team to go further.
    Hi again,

We are near to end our new application release based on migration to Ext.NET 2.X version and adding also new functionality. We need any kind of solution regarding this issue, so we can't go to market with this huge problem.

Thanks.
    Just to confirm, are you using Ext.NET 2.1? and you have updated from SVN recently.

I ran a few tests and was able to reproduce the memory increase using the Examples Explorer (svn version, running locally).

1. IE9/Win7, opened new instance of IE.
    2. Memory started at ~50mb with no page loaded.
    3. With Examples Explorer loaded (no example tabs open) memory was ~74mb
    4. Opened many many tabs and memory increased to ~300mb.
    5. After close all tabs memory reduced to ~123mb.

I don't think we're going to be able to work-around the Memory growth is an issues (opening new tabs). But, I think we should be able to come up with some work-arounds for doing a better <iframe> cleanup once the Tab is destroyed. That should at least help free up more memory once the Tab/<iframe> is removed.

We are investigating.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

At the moment, we are in Ext.NET 2.1 rev.4377.

We use iframes in tabs and also in all detail's windows (opening them dynamically via script). So in our case, memory usage becomes even worse, and we can had 2GB + very quickly.

That's unusable for any of our clients.

Remove iframes for all our details windows implies a deep impact in our user layer architecture and this would cost us several months of work (added to our 4+ months migrating to Ext.NET 2.X), when there was no problem working in this way with Ext.NET 1.X version.
    Hi again,

Do you have any way to deal this issue directly with ExtJS folks, other than Sencha forum?

This is a critical and urgent problem for us, as this makes us impossible to release our new product version.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by softmachine2011 View Post
    Hi again,

Do you have any way to deal this issue directly with ExtJS folks, other than Sencha forum?

This is a critical and urgent problem for us, as this makes us impossible to release our new product version.

Thanks.
    I've spent a lot time this last week investigating the problem and the end result is not much to show.

I all my tests (Win7), the memory grows with each new page (iframe) that is opened. The memory growth is relatively consistent in each browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE9) growing to approx 300mb after 20 tabs are opened. When the tabs are closed, the memory is slowly recycled with each of the browsers performing this in a different way.

With Firefox, the memory does not immediately recycle upon tab close, but it does start cleaning up after a minute. The final amount is destroyed once the Page is refreshed/reloaded.

With IE, the memory it appears approx 80% of the original tab memory is recycled immediately. After closing all tabs, and waiting a few moments, the memory seems to level off at the Original Value + 20%. Obviously that value could also grow over time as the application is used.

These results are on my machine, and others testers are getting varied results, which is making this tough to test.

At the moment, unfortunately we do not have a comprehensive fix for this <iframe> memory consumption issue. We are continuing to work on the problem, but other than that I don't have much to offer. It's a very difficult problem to solve, but it remains our #1 priority.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Hi,

As we expose in previous posts, this problem is an urgent and critical issue for us. We have spent several months migrating our main application to 2.X version, we have developed also new complex functionalities using this new release and we are waiting for new ones.

At this point we are ready to launch our new version to the market, but we are with hands and feet tied due to the big impact of this issue.

In this way, we need information about any estimated date to get this problem solved, because we need to know if we must to stop developing with 2.X and focus our effort on 1.X version.

Please, could you or we deal this issue directly with Sencha? Or could we help you in any way to treat this problem with them?

We need any information about an specific date as soon as possible to determine our corporate strategy.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by softmachine2011; Nov 06, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Hi,

We know this issue cannot be resolved immediately. But please, we need an estimated date to know how we must proceed.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast