[CLOSED] DirectMethod occassional BADRESPONSE error

[CLOSED] DirectMethod occassional BADRESPONSE error

Hello,

One of our users is receiving a randomly occurring error using a DirectMethod with a PageProxy to get data for a Grid component. The error is the following:

Status Code:200
    Status Text: BADRESPONSE: Unterminated string constant
    Error text:
    {"script":"App.ctl00_cphContent_MaterialNO.setText (\"Material No"\);App.ctl00_cphContent_ProductDesc.setText(\"P roduct Desc"\);App.ctl00_cphContent_ReorderPolicyDesc.set Text(\"Reorder
    As you can see, the response from the server appears to just get cut off in the middle of the response. The script response here is supposed to set some of the column header names, and there are several more lines after these that should be there.

This user has also received the same error on a different page that appeared to be very similar -- the response seems to come back from the server incomplete, and thus throws a BADRESPONSE error because the syntax of the response is incorrect.

I know I am not giving you much to work with, but I thought I would ask in case someone has seen this behavior before.

Is it possible for the Ajax response to get truncated coming back from IIS to the user? Could this be a symptom of a connection issue between the client and the server? Any thoughts on how I can debug this?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 05, 2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi @tylert,

For the beginning could you, please, clarify what Ext.NET version you are using? Could you try with the latest from SVN to determine it is still reproducible or not?
    Hi Daniil,

In production we are running version 2.2. We could upgrade to the latest version from the SVN if there is any reason to think it might address this issue.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem at all. Our user who has been seeing this error can't reliably reproduce it either -- it just happens randomly, maybe once a week while using the control many times each day. Ideally, I would figure out how to reproduce or simulate this error. Do you have any insight on what could be causing it? Because it happens so randomly, I thought it may be related to the user's connection dropping out halfway through receiving a response.
    Also, could you, please, ensure that a response is being cut off? Maybe, just a failure window doesn't show it full.

Please review a problem response using a browser's developer tools. A screenshot and posting the raw text of a response might be helpful.

Also, please demonstrate the DirectMethod and the PageProxy configuration.

As well, it might be worth to google it with a "IIS response cuts off" search request.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jul 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM.
    I will try to capture more detail like you suggest -- this is all I have at the moment. It appears to me that the response is cut off because most of the time the error detail window is full of text that is much longer.

I have been searching just like you mentioned but haven't had any luck yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BADRESPONSE1.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	13711

I will post more about the DirectEvent and PageProxy config soon..
    For references - there is a thread with the similar problem.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?45701