[CLOSED] Examples explorer for grid inside row expander (nested grid) - column resizing of nested grids doesn't work properly

[CLOSED] Examples explorer for grid inside row expander (nested grid) - column resizing of nested grids doesn't work properly

Hi,

In this example,

https://examples1.ext.net/#/GridPane...ic_GridPanels/

If you expand one of the rows column resizing of the nested grid doesn't work.

Although the example only has one column you can still resize that column. You will see the cursor change to the column resize cursor. If you then try to drag the column size to be smaller and lift your mouse button it continue to try and resize as it follows your mouse (basically it is as if the mouse up event has been lost or something like that). It is then difficult to shake this off!

Btw, I just tested the Ext.NET 2 version and it too has a similar problem (except it seems worse - from user interaction point of view: you get the resize handle but you can't resize - but if you mouse your mouse OUT of the grid, then the resize line follows your mouse!)

https://examples2.ext.net/#/GridPane...ic_GridPanels/

(Should I raise a separate post in the Ext.NET 2 forum for this one?)
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi Anup,

Thank you for the report. We will investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by anup View Post
    (Should I raise a separate post in the Ext.NET 2 forum for this one?)
    I think, no, it is not required.
    I am afraid we can't provide you with a solution for this case.

Natively in ExtJS, grid doesn't support any nested widgets apart from editors.

We created these examples to demonstrate such possibility, but there are the restrictions like this one that you pointed out.

Currently, to get columns resizing and moving working the grid and its view should be much reworked to make the parent grid ignoring the nested ones.

Apologize for the inconvenience.
    Ok, I can understand the constraint.

We might be able to work around this in our situation by just disabling resizing of columns for nested grids.

Thanks.
    Sure, it is the best solution if appropriate:)
    Btw, (sorry this is closed already),

I just happened to notice that if I made SwallowBodyEvents="false" (or removed it altogether) then the resizing of columns in the nested grid seems to work. (I only tried this in the Ext.NET v2 example mentioned earlier - didn't try it for 1.x examples explorer)

Is that the solution or does it have other implications that I have missed - I think elsewhere it was strongly recommended to have this property set to true if using nested Grids?
    Seems I did test this option in Ext.NET v1 - it didn't work.

And it is very good that it works in Ext.NET v2.

Is that the solution or does it have other implications that I have missed - I think elsewhere it was strongly recommended to have this property set to true if using nested Grids?
    Generally, SwallowBodyEvents="true" prevents events bubbling from a RowExpander body to a parent grid. So, yes, I think it is a solution. But, I would be still careful here. Probably, I would mark this part as important for more meticulous testing.