[CLOSED] Arabic support RTL

[CLOSED] Arabic support RTL

Hi,

we are developing and supporting our project in asp.net with Ext.Net, and we need to be in both English and arabic interface. We were able to fix it in the versions 1.x, by mainly making changes in CSS files. But now with version 2.x and 2.1 we have no idea to fix this. Please help us in this situation or inform when you plan to implement the support for Arabic and RTL.

Thanks.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Sep 28, 2012 at 8:48 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Unfortunately, Sencha has not implemented it yet. It is still in the roadmap.
    http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/road-map/

When RTL support will be included to ExtJS, it will appear in Ext.NET very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital.Dynamics View Post
    We were able to fix it in the versions 1.x, by mainly making changes in CSS files. But now with version 2.x and 2.1 we have no idea to fix this.
    Yes, CSS has been reworked in optimization purpose.

My best thoughts about the migration from v1 to v2 are here:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post79239

I think the best options to port CSS are ExtJS migration pack:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/ext-js-3-to-4-migration/
    and the Premium forums.
    We received RTL feature requests on a regular basis, and it is a priority for us to support. That said, it's a difficult one to support.

This is functionality that will be officially supported at some point, although it's just not possible to provide a release date.

We'll be certain to let everyone know once RTL support is available.

Thanks for your interest and I'm sorry we couldn't be of more help.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    I should also add, if you have specific technical questions, please feel free to post in individual forum threads, and provide a simplified code sample demonstrating how to reproduce the scenario.

With those specific technical questions we should be able to provide some fixes/work-arounds to specific RTL problems.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital.Dynamics View Post
    Hi,

we are developing and supporting our project in asp.net with Ext.Net, and we need to be in both English and arabic interface. We were able to fix it in the versions 1.x, by mainly making changes in CSS files. But now with version 2.x and 2.1 we have no idea to fix this. Please help us in this situation or inform when you plan to implement the support for Arabic and RTL.

Thanks.
    Does any one know of a css that works with 2.0
    All the css styles that I used with 1.x won't work now
    CSS in ExtJS 4/ Ext.NET has been quite reworked (some rules are removed, some renamed, some added).

So, needs to rework your styles as well.

Good news that we are going to provide RTL support in the next Ext.NET release, i.e. v2.2. It is under development yet, but many things should work.