[CLOSED] Nullable parameters on DirectMethod

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] Nullable parameters on DirectMethod

Afternoon all,

I've recently updated our Ext.NET dlls to version 1.5.1.0 and seem now to be hitting an exception when calling DirectMethods with nullable parameters.
    e.g.
        [DirectMethod]
        public void DoSomething(int? lUserID, int? lTeamID, int? lDepartmentID)
        {
        }
    Now gives me an exception of this ilk:

Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Unexpected end when reading integer. Line 0, position 0. at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32() at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType(JsonReader reader, JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter, Boolean inArray) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Ext.Net.DirectMethod.Invoke(Object target, HttpContext context, ParameterCollection args) at Ext.Net.ResourceManager.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    I thought originally it was because a couple of those params were being passed at an empty string rather than a JS null. So I reworked the calling function to ensure that the JSON was valid, e.g.

submitDirectEventConfig    {"config":{"extraParams":{"lUserID":"1427","lTeamID":null,"lDepartmentID":null}}}
    But this still gives the exception.

I did find an old post on here suggesting that Ext.NET prior to version 2 doesn't support nullable parameters, but this seems a little odd as prior to updating things were working happily.

Is this possibly due to the version of JSON.NET used? or is there a sensible workaround to avoid me needing to re-write all the server side methods to not use nullables?

Many thanks,

Doug
    Last edited by Daniil; Sep 05, 2012 at 1:54 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] tags, [CLOSED]