[CLOSED] Localisation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] Localisation

I'm just starting a new app where the user can choose between many language after some search i find many ways to use localisation in asp.net
    for the asp pages :fieldlabel,text etc ......
    i found 2 ways neither using a global resource or a local resource

using a global resource file in an explicit way

<ext:Cell CellCls="styleOfCells">
                                    <ext:ComboBox LabelWidth="60" ID="comboGallery" runat="server" StoreID="dsGallery"
                                        LabelSeparator=" " LabelAlign="Right" Width="200px" Editable="false"
                                        DisplayField="getName" AllowBlank="false" ValueField="getId"  
                                        EmptyText="Select a Gallery..." AutoRender="false"   FieldLabel="<%$Resources:Localisation.aspx,test1%>">

</ext:ComboBox>
    using a local resource file in an implicit way

<ext:Cell CellCls="styleOfCells">
                                    <ext:ComboBox LabelWidth="60" ID="comboType" runat="server" StoreID="dsType"
                                        LabelSeparator=" " LabelAlign="Right" Width="200px" Editable="false"
                                        DisplayField="getName" FieldLabel="Type*" AllowBlank="false" ValueField="getId"
                                        EmptyText="Select an Employee..." AutoRender="false" 
                                        ContentUpdated="false" HiddenName="comboType_Value" 
                                        meta:resourcekey="comboTypeResource1" TriggerAction="All">
                                        <Template EnableViewState="false" Visible="false">
                                        </Template>
                                    </ext:ComboBox>
                                </ext:Cell>
    i just want to know if using one of this methods has any impact if used with ext.net controls ??and if i can use the asp:ScriptManager instead of the ext:ResourceManager for Localizing client side JavaScript is there any impact?? or is there any way to set up the ResourceManager to enable script localisation ????

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" EnableScriptLocalization="true" runat="server">
            <Scripts>
                  <asp:ScriptReference Path="../../Scripts/AllItemJS.js" ResourceUICultures="it-IT,fr-FR"  />
            </Scripts>
            </asp:ScriptManager>
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by FpNetWorth View Post
    i just want to know if using one of this methods has any impact if used with ext.net controls ?
    They both work well with Ext.NET controls.

and if i can use the asp:ScriptManager instead of the ext:ResourceManager for Localizing client side JavaScript is there any impact??
    I think you can use ScriptManager to attach localized scripts. Though, if it will be a single purpose of ScriptManager on the page, I would remove it and use ResourceManager.

or is there any way to set up the ResourceManager to enable script localisation ????
    You can register any script using:
    ResourceManager.GetInstance().RegisterClientScriptInclude("some resource key", "some resource URL");
    Also you can be interested to read these discussions related to localization.
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?10391
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?11194
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi,

You can register any script using:
    ResourceManager.GetInstance().RegisterClientScriptInclude("some resource key", "some resource URL");
    Please can you give me an example of using ResourceManager.GetInstance().RegisterClientScript Include
    should i include them in the page load and how the ResourceManager is going to identify the ResourceUICultures?? sorry but i couldn't find a lot of threads about this issue
    I mean something like this.

Example
    <%@ Page Language="C#" UICulture="en-US" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<script runat="server">
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!X.IsAjaxRequest)
            {
                string scriptUrl = string.Format("resources/js/Test-{0}.js", System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.Name);

this.ResourceManager1.RegisterClientScriptInclude("myScript", scriptUrl);
            }
        }
    </script>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form runat="server">
            <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" />
            <ext:Button runat="server" Text="Click me">
                <Listeners>
                    <Click Fn="onClick" />
                </Listeners>
            </ext:Button>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
    The scripts names are "Test-en-US.js", "Test-ru-RU.js", etc.
    Thanks Daniil
    it works now with the ResourceManager