[CLOSED] event for RatingColumn

[CLOSED] event for RatingColumn

Hi

Is it possible to listen to events for RatingColumn, like clicking on the star?

Chris
    Last edited by Daniil; Aug 23, 2012 at 9:20 AM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

I guess you use this Column with
    Editable="true"
    option.

If yes, then, probably, you could use the Edit event of GridPanel.

If it's not an option, then I can recommend to override the processEvent function as you need.

Here are the RatingColumn JavaScript sources.
    <Ext.NET sources root>\Ext.Net\Build\Ext.Net\ux\ratingcolumn\ratingcolumn.js
    Yes it is editable and I tried to listen the events from the GridPanel, I tried ItemClick and CellClick, however both event won't fire if I clicked on the "star". If I clicked outside of a "star" then the event will fire. Is there other event that may be more suitable?
    Does the Edit event not suite your needs?

Please clarify the requirement - what do you need to listen RatingColumn clicks for?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpFisher View Post
    Yes it is editable and I tried to listen the events from the GridPanel, I tried ItemClick and CellClick, however both event won't fire if I clicked on the "star". If I clicked outside of a "star" then the event will fire. Is there other event that may be more suitable?
    Well, here is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    then I can recommend to override the processEvent function as you need.

Here are the RatingColumn JavaScript sources.
    <Ext.NET sources root>\Ext.Net\Build\Ext.Net\ux\ratingcolumn\ratingcolumn.js
    I just need to know when the rating has been modified. Would you please provide an example of how to overide the function in the RatingColumn and linked the event Ext.Net? Thanks
    Again, did you try the Edit event? It should be fired after any change in RatingColumn.
    The Edit Event did the job perfectly. Thank you very much for your advice :)