ExtJs or Ext.Net

ExtJs or Ext.Net

Dear mcgill,

Now am developing the application using EXTJS with ASP.NET I need to achieve so many complex functionality. For example in JSON method has to return multiple Datatypes (objects,Lists,sometimes string or string array) Is it Possible ?

Then JSON has to bind in grid on using the Ext.store with matching the fields, after that based on client selecting the grid row I want to use the Ajax.Call.request in POST method. Here my request has not going back to the server. Its shows the internal server error.Some times I also receive " H is null in Ext.debug.js file" please provide your suggestion as how to achieve this?

Without using the "IFrame" I need to bind the ASP.NET page in one of the Tab in Ext.Tab panel ?

If these things are not possible in EXTJS , then I can simply move on to EXT.NET.

I referred the EXT.NET site and it states that the EXT JS library of version for 3.4 is only used in
    Ext.Net.

May i know what is the different between EXTJS and EXT.NET because i need to explain my client. Kindly let me know.

Which one is better to implement with ASP.NET C# ? EXTJS or EXT.NET ?

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks ,
    Thilak.
    Quote Originally Posted by thilakmsc View Post
    I referred the EXT.NET site and it states that the EXT JS library of version for 3.4 is only used in
    Ext.Net.
    The current release of Ext.NET 2.0 (just released yesterday) includes ExtJS 4.1.

May i know what is the different between EXTJS and EXT.NET because i need to explain my client. Kindly let me know.
    Ext.NET includes ExtJS. The server-side components generate the required ExtJS client-side configuration scripts.

Which one is better to implement with ASP.NET C# ? EXTJS or EXT.NET ?
    My best advice is to download (http://ext.net/download/) Ext.NET and run some tests. Take a look through the Examples Explorer (https://examples2.ext.net/) for some ideas of what's possible with Ext.NET.

Whether to use Ext.NET+ExtJS or just plain ExtJS will depend on your requirements, although Ext.NET is certainly focused 100% on providing enhanced ASP.NET support when using ExtJS. We've solved many of the issue you'll have to deal with when trying to integrate ExtJS+ASP.NET, especially when using WebForms.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder