[CLOSED] Generic question of problem on WIFI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Generic question of problem on WIFI

Hello

It is not a problem related to Ext.NEt, but I post in several forum to try to get answer, so why not here?

Is someone already have an application working well on wired network, but when on WIFI network, receive "Error 400 BAD REQUEST" from the server?

Same computer, same web server, wired workked, WIFI not?

If yes, WTF I have to do to make it work, because my level 3 assistance sent me back mith my panty down.
    Last edited by Daniil; Nov 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Can you turn off the existing firewalls, lower the security level of the connection and retest?
    No, I'm in a international structure with no access to those kind of things, I have only action on my code and IIS server (if I know what to configure in it)
    As I can't put a tool on server to anlyse ethernet frame to see what it really receive when I send requests.
    Hi all,

I would also thoroughly compare a working request and its not working counterpart. Is there any difference?
    no of course, application is on server, run through browser, on same computer, wired ok, wifi nok. Besides that crash (well, error message) occurs when application start, desktop begin to load and bam!
    I test several browsers: same
    Please clarify what tool did you use to analyze the requests?

Generally speaking, I agree with Raphael - it looks to be a Firewall and/or a permission access.

I would review IIS logs at first.
    Thats the point, I have no way to analyse what hapened during request is traveling through network. my field of action is only the software, I can make what I want in my soft but thats all, I have no way to act as an network administrator.

Is there a way to see someting in IIS log and if yes what kind of thing I have to search for.
    Quote Originally Posted by feanor91 View Post
    Is there a way to see someting in IIS log and if yes what kind of thing I have to search for.
    Well, if you have no access to the IIS, then, I do not think it is possible to see the log.
    Can you accurately describe your scenario? Client, server, location, etc?
    I think it would be also interesting you use a network sniffer:

If there is no difference on the packages - what i think that there isn't - i am 99% sure that it's a firewall and/or a permission issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast