[CLOSED] Render Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] Render Performance

Is there a way to increase the performance of the Coolite.Ext.Web.Container.Render(HtmlTextWriter) method (other than reducing the amount of controls on the page)?

Currently, approximately 75% of all processing time in my app is spent in the Coolite.Ext.Web.Container.Render(HtmlTextWriter) method.

Any assistance in helping me remove this bottle neck from my app would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RE: [CLOSED] Render Performance

I notice the same thing when profiling my application (50% of the time in Coolite Render). Seems to be mostly reflection and string operations that are taking up most of the time.

We're working on some changes for the v1.0 release which will further increase the performance of the serialization.

There's A LOT happening during .Render, but we're picking things apart and working on some new ideas.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Thanks for the reply. How is the version 1.0 release coming along? Any idea when it will be ready?

We've found a great solution to improve the performance of the serialization. Still a couple other areas that need some attention, but things are continuing to progress nicely.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

That's great! Is the optimization checked in?

The changes will only be available with the v1.0 release. Everybody will be informed when the preview of v1.0 is ready to demo.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I'm not really noticing any difference in render time at the server with version 1.0 over 0.8.2. The .Render function is still a major bottle neck for me.

Are any more optimizations going to be done to it?

Hi,

Can you describe how you measure render time? What samples do you use?
    1.0 version doesn't use reflection during script generation therefore performance should be better.
    Render phase does whole work for generating script and html therefore in any case Render will work much more than another methods

We test control with several thouthands controls on the page, 0.8.2 renders that page 40 sec but 1.0 - 10 sec

If you can provide own tests we will review it

Hi vladimir,

I may have jumped the gun on this one.
    I tried some additional tests and have confirmed that version 1.0 is indeed faster to render.
    Sorry about that.

Thanks.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jul 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast