[CLOSED] Upgrade from v0.7 to latest with errors

[CLOSED] Upgrade from v0.7 to latest with errors

I just updated our application from v0.7.0.22471 (very close to released v0.7) to latest v0.7.0.21506. *It's a little weird the*minor version number went down...but anyways, I am now getting javascript errors on my page.*

ctl00_c_btnSearch.init_ev();

Error saying the button doesn't exist. *

dom.innerHTML=html.replace(/(?:<script.*?>)((\n|\r|.)*?)(?:<\/script>)/ig,"")

Error saying Unknown runtime error

RE: [CLOSED] Upgrade from v0.7 to latest with errors

Hi,

Can you post example which shows these errors?

About *first error. Does this button located in layout in inactive tab. If yes then does DeferredRender="false" helped?

Second error. May be you try load aspx page to the control (AutoLoad) without iframe mode?

vladimir, yes the button is in an inactive tab and deferredRender fixed it. *Is this a known issue? *If so, how come it wasn't in the Release Notes? *How come the error didn't occur before? *I looked up deferredRender in ExtJS API, and it seems like setting it to false will cause the page to load slower?

I am still looking into the second problem but I have a feeling it has to do with a dataview on my page.

*yup, you are right (as always =P). *It was caused by a bunch of windows with AutoLoad set and missing the new Mode=IFrame. *I have one final question. *How do I make the iframe not load initially? *Before the new AutoLoad change, I was able to extend the Window class with the following to make iframe load on Show and not on Render:

// * * * * * *//remove listener that loads iframe on render
    // * * * * * *this.un('render', this.doAutoLoad);

// * * * * * *//add listener to load iframe on show instead
    // * * * * * *this.on('show', this.doAutoLoad, this);

How can I accomplish the same thing now?

Hi,

I'll try to resolve first issue (related with*deferredRender) tomorrow.
    About deferred auto load it is a good idea, i'll investigate it on weekend. But you always can trigger load manually on client side.

<Listeners>
    ** * * * * *<Show Handler="this.load({url:'url.aspx', mode:'iframe'});" />
    ** * * *</Listeners>

*Let me explain how I am using AutoLoad.

I have a fairly complex page. *The page has 5 hidden windows with AutoLoad set. *A toolbar has various buttons that on click will show one of the window. *On window shown, the iframe will be loaded. *When the window closes, it merely hides itself so next button click, it will reload iframe again. *The toolbar may change the parameters of the url so that's why the iframe needs to be reloaded if necessary. *I extended the Window class with custom code to detect if url changes. *If url changed, then reload. *Of course, I can make the button handler call window.reload();window.show(); but I want to make this as easy as possible for other developers. *To them, they just need to show a window and it will reload smartly. *

Everything was working great till the AutoLoad changes. *I need to make my DialogWindow extension work the same as before, because we have 20+ pages doing this kind of logic. *

*Sweet! *Looks like my original code to unhook the render event still works. *I got everything working like before now. *Vladsch can take a break this weekend then? *=)