[CLOSED] NumberField Arrows KeyPress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] NumberField Arrows KeyPress

Hi,

With this code I avoid to show spinup and spindown buttons. But pressing up or down arrow numberfield change it's value with marked step.
    <ext:NumberField ID="txtValor" runat="server" FieldLabel="Some TExt" Step="2"
                        Width="140" Hidden="true" LabelAlign="Top" AllowDecimals="false" MinValue="0" HideTrigger="true" />
    I think it is another bug.
    Last edited by Daniil; Jul 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    It is not bug, you have to set ReadOnly="true" to prevent chages (please note that ReadOnly option will hide trigger buttons automatically)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    It is not bug, you have to set ReadOnly="true" to prevent chages (please note that ReadOnly option will hide trigger buttons automatically)
    Yes I know that readonly avoids user to write in field.
    But with the code that I indicate, you can write in the field and keymaps linked to spinner are working yet.

I think that if I disable the trigger with HideTrigger="true", keymaps linked to spinner has to be disabled too.
    No, KeyMap should not be disabled automatically (it is very strange if KeyMap will be disabled if triggers are hidden).
    If you need such behaviour then you have to disable KeyMap manually (ReadOnly option is best option in this case)
    Just to clarify, Triggers and KeyMap are various ways to change a value
    If you disable one way then it doesn't mean that another way should not work

Therefore if you don't need any changes then you have to set ReadOnly (which blocks user input)
    Yes but with readonly, user cannot write in the field.

I will analize if it is really an issue for me. But I think it is an strange behaviour.
    You can set KeyNavEnabled="false" for the field