[FIXED] [V0.8.0] desktop js error

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RE: [FIXED] [V0.8.0] desktop js error

Hi,

All desktop windows are registered in own window group (Ext.WindowMgr works with default group)*
    You need use*
    **#{MyDesktop1}.getDesktop().getManager().each...

ok, i'll try this out, but if window and desktopwindows have a separate window manager, will that be able to solve the issue that desktop window cannot go on top of ordinary windows?

By default all desktop windows have z-index which greater then z-index of common window.You can try to set for normal window own z-index

the cascading for all window and desktop windows is now done. the only problem left is the setting of the frontmost window...

is there a way to set the window manager? so that i can just use 1 window manager for the desktop windows and normal windows? so that i do not have to worry about the z-index

i can just change all the windows to desktopwindows but it might just cause other problems, like the one which i encountered when i can access objects inside a window on documentready listener but cannot access the same object on the same listener event if i change the window to desktop window

Windows Manager can be set only during creation.If you see into the DesktopWindow class then you can see

** * * *[DefaultValue("")]
    ** * * *[ClientConfig(JsonMode.Raw)]
    ** * * *internal string Manager
    ** * * *{
    ** * * * * *get
    ** * * * * *{
    ** * * * * * * *if (this.DesignMode)
    ** * * * * * * *{
    ** * * * * * * * * *return "";
    ** * * * * * * *}

** * * * * * * *return string.Concat(this.Desktop.ClientID, ".desktop.getManager()");
    ** * * * * *}
    ** * * *}

So, if know ext:Desktop ClientID then you can add this window manager using CustomConfig collection of window (please note that Desktop must be created first)

Name="manager" Value="MyDesktop1.desktop.getManager()" Mode="Raw"

rather than adding a custom config to all windows i just decided to edit the DekstopWindow's class file and modify its manager (set it to the default window manager)

[DefaultValue("")]
            [ClientConfig(JsonMode.Raw)]
            internal string Manager
            {
                get
                {
                    if (this.DesignMode)
                    {
                        return "";
                    }

//return string.Concat(this.Desktop.ClientID, ".desktop.getManager()");
                    return "Ext.WindowMgr";
                }
            }

so far there seems to be no problem, the window ordering problem is now solved (for desktop window and windows), but do you know of any disadvantages that this may bring?

If you need to mix desktop windows and common windows the it's ok.Also please note if desktop window created on client side with createWindow function then this new window will be used desktop windows manager.

everything is ok in firefox
    - repositioning of windows and desktop windows on browser window resize
    - ordering of desktop window and normal windows (which one will be on top of which windows or desktop windows)

but in IE (at least IE 7)
    - repositioning of windows and desktop windows on browser window resize is OK
    - but the ordering of desktop window and windows is not OK, windows always appear on top of desktop windows even if they have the same window manager now

just following up.... again...

even if i call Ext.WindowMgr.bringToFront("//desktopwindowID//"); the topmost window will still be a window, all desktop windows are still under visible windows, even if they have the same window manager, please help

error only happens with IE...

uisng IE development toolbar, i have seen that even if the z-index of a desktopwindow is higher than that of a window, the window will still be shown on top of the desktop window
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast