[FIXED] [V0.8.0] Mono: System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute Cannot Be Loaded

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FIXED] [V0.8.0] Mono: System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute Cannot Be Loaded

On Mono 2.0.1, placing the following code into a page renders an error 500.

The error is Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute' from assembly 'Coolite.Ext.Web'.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    <%@ Register Assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" Namespace="Coolite.Ext.Web" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<script runat="server">

</script>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en-us">

<head runat="server">
        <style type="text/css">
            .tip-target {
                width: 120px;
                height: 40px;
                text-align:center;
                padding: 5px 0;
                border:1px dotted #99bbe8;
                background:#dfe8f6;
                color: #15428b;
                cursor:default;
                margin:10px;
                font:bold 11px tahoma,arial,sans-serif;
                float:left;
            }
        </style>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div id="main">

<ext:ScriptManager id="scriptmanager1" runat="server" />

<div id="track-tip" class="tip-target">Track Mouse

<ext:ToolTip 
                runat="server" 
                Target="track-tip" 
                Html="This tip will follow the mouse while it is over the element" 
                Title="Mouse Track"             
                Width="200"
                TrackMouse="true" />

</form>

</body>

</html>

RE: [FIXED] [V0.8.0] Mono: System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute Cannot Be Loaded

I can confirm that this bug appears on multiple Linux operating systems and with different Coolite controls. In fact, simply adding the ScriptManager control causes the error to occur.

RE: [FIXED] [V0.8.0] Mono: System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute Cannot Be Loaded

Hmmm...

This is interesting because the CssClassPropertyAttribute should only be applicable during Visual Studio Design Mode. As well, the Attribute does not function properly (bug?) during VS design mode.

The [CssClassProperty] has been applied to several properties in the Toolkit, but it's only there for forwards compatibility, meaning we're hoping Microsoft fixes the related VS parsing bug some day.*

We could remove the attribute and I don't think anything will be affected... the Attribute doesn't work anyways.*

I guess there's just a difference in the Mono vs MS implementations.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I am in contact now with the Mono development team so that I can make sure the System.Web.UI.CssClassPropertyAttribute is implemented in Mono 2.0.1. As far as I know, it should be - but I can get a confirmation from them.

If this is removed from Coolite - how long will it take for us
    to get a release with this property removed? Our clients are looking
    forward to migrating to Coolite 0.7 because of all the new features,
    but we cannot move forward with such a big bug...

I have received confirmation from the Mono development team that this attribute is not in Mono 2.0.1, but rather will be implemented in the Mono 2.2 release set for June 2009.

Since this attribute is causing complete incompatibility with Mono now, can it be removed from Coolite?

I have received confirmation from the Mono development team that this attribute is not in Mono 2.0.1, but rather will be implemented in the Mono 2.2 release set for June 2009.
    Thanks for the update.*

Since this attribute is causing complete incompatibility with Mono now, can it be removed from Coolite?
    Ya, no problem. As I mentioned above, the Attribute does nothing with the current .NET and VS releases and we were only included to provide forwards compatibility.

Maybe with the VS10+.NET4 release we can add the Attribute back in. In theory (when it works) the Attribute is a helpful addition.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Ok, I removed the [CssClassProperty] Attribute from all the properties in the Toolkit.*

The new revisions have been commited to SVN and will be publicly available with the v0.8.0 release.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Have they been committed to SVN as of 4:42pm EST on January 7, 2009?

After building from source on the read-only SVN, I still seem to have the error...

Hmmm.

I just did a global search and the [CssClassProperty] Attribute does not appear anywhere in the Project.

Are you getting a specific line# on the exception? or class name?

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Yes, I am still getting that error....

Can you verify for me the process to build from source? Step by step to make sure I'm building it correctly?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast