[CLOSED] Possible problems with Split Button in IE 9

[CLOSED] Possible problems with Split Button in IE 9

Hi
    I have two Split Buttons, with Menus, on a Page, neither of which seem to work in IE 9. They work okay in Firefox and IE 8, but in IE 9 the Menu Items are unselectable and the Buttons themselves don't fire. I have included the Markup for one of the Buttons below. The one below has an IconCls which doesn't render properly in IE9. However, the other Split Button doesn't and this doesn't work either. As I say all seems well with both in Firefox and IE 8.
    the other css appplying to both buttons is: .controlPanelButton { padding: 0px 20px 0px 0px; }

thanks

<ext:SplitButton runat="server" ID="searchButton" Text="Search" IconCls="si-icon-toolbar-search"
                                    Cls="controlPanelButton">
                                    <Listeners>
                                        <Click Handler = "doSearch(getSearchType());" />
                                        <Render Handler = "setSearchType('masterAccount');" />
                                    </Listeners>
                                    <Menu>
                                        <ext:Menu ID="Menu2" runat="server">
                                            <Items>
                                                <ext:CheckMenuItem runat="server" ID="CheckMenuItem3" Text="Master Account" Group="searchButtonMenuItems"
                                                    Checked="true">
                                                    <Listeners>
                                                        <Click Handler="setSearchType('masterAccount');" />
                                                    </Listeners>
                                                </ext:CheckMenuItem>
                                                <ext:CheckMenuItem runat="server" ID="CheckMenuItem4" Text="Client Account"
                                                    Group="searchMenuItems" Checked="false">
                                                    <Listeners>
                                                        <Click Handler="setSearchType('clientAccount');" />
                                                    </Listeners>
                                                <ext:CheckMenuItem runat="server" ID="CheckMenuItem5" Text="Campaign"
                                                    Group="searchMenuItems" Checked="false" Disabled="true">
                                                    <Listeners>
                                                        <Click Handler="setSearchType('campaign');" />
                                                    </Listeners>
                                                <ext:CheckMenuItem runat="server" ID="CheckMenuItem6" Text="Project"
                                                    <Listeners>
                                                        <Click Handler="setSearchType('hitList');" />
                                                    </Listeners>
                                                <ext:CheckMenuItem runat="server" ID="CheckMenuItem7" Text="Transaction"
                                                    <Listeners>
                                                        <Click Handler="setSearchType('transaction');" />
                                                    </Listeners>
                                                <ext:CheckMenuItem runat="server" ID="CheckMenuItem8" Text="Portfolio"
                                                    <Listeners>
                                                        <Click Handler="setSearchType('portfolio');" />
                                                    </Listeners>
                                            </Items>
                                        </ext:Menu>
                                    </Menu>
                                </ext:SplitButton>
                                <ext:MenuSeparator runat="server" ID="Separator2" />
                                <ext:SplitButton runat="server" ID="exportButton" Text="Export to File" Icon="DriveGo"
                                    Cls="controlPanelButton">
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 21, 2012 at 9:43 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Thanks for the sample code, but I am unable to reproduce the problems you have described. I had to apply the following changes to rung your code:

1. Remove the Render listener, because it causes the JavaScript error "setSearchType is not defined" and breaks the page.
    2. Add the closing tag for the second SplitButton.

The both buttons appear to be clickable. The first one fires a "doSearch is not defined" JS error. So, its Click event is fired. Also it shows the menu on clicking the arrow. Akl menu items appear to be clickable and fires its Click events with a "setSearchType is not defined" JS error.

Quote Originally Posted by GLD View Post
    The one below has an IconCls which doesn't render properly in IE9.
    I can't see what a CSS class you set up for IconCls. Though as you are saying the other SplitButton doesn't work without IconCls, the IconCls should not cause the problem.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything concrete without a sample to reproduce the problem.

Is the problem reproducible with the latest SVN sources from SVN?

Did you set up any compatibility modes in IE9?
    Sorry for the rather rushed posting earlier. I did only mean to provide the markup for one button, that's wht the closing tag for the second wasn't there and of course the js functions, not provided, would cause an error. The functions attached to the Menu merely change the value of local variable, while the Button itself fires off a more complex procedure. However, as I say all runs well in IE8 and Firefox.

I did try running compatibility mode in IE9 but this didn't seem to help. I will perhaps try downloading the latest svn version as you suggest. Are you aware of a previous problem re. this?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the sample code, but I am unable to reproduce the problems you have described. I had to apply the following changes to rung your code:

1. Remove the Render listener, because it causes the JavaScript error "setSearchType is not defined" and breaks the page.
    2. Add the closing tag for the second SplitButton.

The both buttons appear to be clickable. The first one fires a "doSearch is not defined" JS error. So, its Click event is fired. Also it shows the menu on clicking the arrow. Akl menu items appear to be clickable and fires its Click events with a "setSearchType is not defined" JS error.

I can't see what a CSS class you set up for IconCls. Though as you are saying the other SplitButton doesn't work without IconCls, the IconCls should not cause the problem.

Unfortunately, I can't say anything concrete without a sample to reproduce the problem.

Is the problem reproducible with the latest SVN sources from SVN?

Did you set up any compatibility modes in IE9?
    Quote Originally Posted by GLD View Post
    Are you aware of a previous problem re. this?
    No, I can't remember such problem with the SplitButton.

If the problem will persist after update, providing us with a sample to reproduce will be really appreciated.