[CLOSED] PartialViewRenderer Razor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] PartialViewRenderer Razor

Hello,

Just curious if you have any timeline for the PartialViewRenderer to support Razor? I've hit numerous parts in my application testing that would make this extremely useful :)

Any suggestions how to get around not having the support? Would you suggest XHR calls for the time being?

Cheers,
    Timothy
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 07, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

I will try to implement it on this week
    By the way, i found that Html.Partial works correctly in my test case with Ext.Net widgets (Razor)
    @Html.Partial("PartialRazorView")
    Can you confirm it? Or there are aby issues?
    Hello vladsch,

Thanks for looking into it. Only problem with @Html.Partial() is that it does not support single control, especially if you are trying to stack the controls. The content of my partial view is a single control with children.

Hope that makes sense?

I'm going to use XHR calls for the time being.

Cheers,
    Timothy
    Can you provide more details about "@Html.Partial() is that it does not support single control"? What single control do you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Can you provide more details about "@Html.Partial() is that it does not support single control"? What single control do you mean?
    Ext.Net/MVC/PartialViewResult.cs line 77

vladsch, I think .ItemsFromPage() and .ContentFromPage() might actually be the MVC Razor equivalent of PartialViewRenderer in ASP.NET Forms. Perhaps having PartialViewRenderer support Razor would be a redundant task since you already have ItemFromPage/ContentFromPage?

Cheers
    SingleControl is supported by WebForm engine only because Razor doesn't know about control term and we have no any controls hierarchy under Razor

Perhaps having PartialViewRenderer support Razor would be a redundant task single you already have ItemFromPage/ContentFromPage?
    May be but ItemFromPage/ContentFromPage doesn't support passing of another model and view data (like Html.Partial)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    May be but ItemFromPage/ContentFromPage doesn't support passing of another model and view data (like Html.Partial)
    Thanks, I'll leave the decision up to you guys on how to best handle it. ItemsFromPage/ContentFromPage are going to satisfy my requirements as I do not have another model / view data to pass to my pages.

Also, thanks for the clarification on the SingleControl in the MVC Razor structure.

Cheers,
    Timothy
    I attached zip file with MVC sandbox project, it contains several useful examples of ItemsFromSection, ItemsFromPage methods (just rename txt to zip after downloading)
    Attached Files
    Thanks vladsch, you can close this item. I appreciate the demo zip :)

Cheers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast