[CLOSED] Question about chart render speed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[CLOSED] Question about chart render speed

Hello

I have a speed problem.

I have 11 charts to show in one page.

My charts are code bhind generated. I get theirs structure in a database. this part take about 4 seconds to run.

When Ajax request is ended, the browser (Chrome, in that case) take about 30 seconds to render the window.

Question : what I can do to accelerate the javascript part?
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 08, 2012 at 2:21 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

Is there the same speed in all browsers?

Well, I am afraid, 11 charts are too many to get it working fast. Charts uses SVG which is, as far as I can know, heavy-weight thing by itself.

Do you really need to render/load all of them initially? I would render/load some of them on user demand. I think it's a single reliable way to get significant performance improvement.

Probably, switching off animation could give some performance improvement.
    Last edited by Daniil; May 29, 2012 at 5:16 PM.
    Another thing - how many records do you bind to the Charts Stores?
    Hello

Yes, it's almost the same speed exept in IE where it is even more slower, but, it's IE...Unfortunaltly, the default browser in the society is IE, of course...

About number of charts, if I had choice, I will not show 11 in one time, but I have not. At this point, do you think there will be a way to show one chart, by one chart, but in the same window and at the end, having the 11 shown? Knowing that my charts are code bhing generated and I call the code behind method on the click event of the desktop item menu?

About data binding, for now, I use an already load store the one I use to show data in the grid I have in another window. For now, I have about 15 rows of 150 fields (data, different comments on data...), but the main point in creating the chart is execution of the javascript when returning from code behind method. Thisp part take about 4 seconds. The rest is the javascript execution. And I could not show a progress bar during this time because javascript is not multithreaded, so, I show it during the code behind execution and after that, we see a beautiful progress bar blocked because the javascript returned is being executed. I look about WebWorkers, but it is not implemented in IE 7, of course...(I hate IE)
    Is there a way to inform user when returning from code behind call on DirecEvent?

I think of the possibility to inform user that the browser is working to construct the window, like showing a mesage box, like the "success" thing on HTTP request?
    Quote Originally Posted by feanor91 View Post
    About number of charts, if I had choice, I will not show 11 in one time, but I have not. At this point, do you think there will be a way to show one chart, by one chart, but in the same window and at the end, having the 11 shown? Knowing that my charts are code bhing generated and I call the code behind method on the click event of the desktop item menu?
    Well, I think it's possible to render one chart by another. But I'm not sure how it will help as you need to show all them at once.

Quote Originally Posted by feanor91 View Post
    Is there a way to inform user when returning from code behind call on DirecEvent?

I think of the possibility to inform user that the browser is working to construct the window, like showing a mesage box, like the "success" thing on HTTP request?
    There is DirectEvent Success you could use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    There is DirectEvent Success you could use.
    I call a javascript function into the success parameter?
    Yes, it is client side thing where you can use JavaScript.

By the way, DirectEvent After looks more suitable for you, because it is executed before executing JavaScript from a response.

Example
    <%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<script runat="server">
        protected void TestDirectEventHandler(object sender, DirectEventArgs e)
        {
            X.Msg.Alert("DirectEvent", "Hello from Server!").Show();
        }
    </script>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" 
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Ext.NET v2 Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <ext:ResourceManager runat="server" />
        <ext:Button runat="server" Text="Click me">
            <DirectEvents>
                <Click OnEvent="TestDirectEventHandler" After="alert('After');" />
            </DirectEvents>
        </ext:Button>
    </body>
    </html>
    Thanks, I will implement.

Another question :

Is there a way to execute the directevent to draw one chart, then call again to draw the second, then the tird and so on?

Means to make multiple call to the event so each chart will be show one after the other?

In fact the problem is not really it takes some time, but mainly, when the javascript is executed, the guy in front of the screen see nothing on it.
    After is not good, it seems to be called immediatly after the event is fired, hiding my wait window during execution of code behind.

Success not good too, the alert is shown just before the window will be shown (so too late to be usefull).
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast