@(Html.X.Store().ID("EmployeeData") _
        .DataSource(ViewData("Employees")) _
        .Model(Sub(mdl)
                       mdl.Add(Html.X.Model.Fields(Sub(flds)
                                                           flds.Add("Text")
                                                           flds.Add("Value")
                                                   End Sub))
               End Sub))
    And I have a grid where I want the store to be used as the source in a column editor, so I am trying to set the editor's store to the ID of my predefined one.
    cols.Add(Html.X.Column().DataIndex("DrafterEmployeeID").Text("Drafter1").Editor(Sub(edt)
                                                                                                                                                Dim cbo As New Ext.Net.ComboBox
                                                                                                                                                With cbo
                                                                                                                                                    .ID = "DrafterEmployeeID"
                                                                                                                                                    .StoreID = "EmployeeData"
                                                                                                                                                    .MultiSelect = False
                                                                                                                                                    .AutoDataBind = True
                                                                                                                                                    .TypeAhead = True
                                                                                                                                                    .DisplayField = "Text"
                                                                                                                                                    .ValueField = "Value"
                                                                                                                                                End With
                                                                                                                                                edt.Add(cbo)
                                                                                                                                            End Sub))
    When I run the page, I keep getting an error that the store (with ID "EmployeeData") cannot be found. I do have the store definied before the grid and when I view the source for the page, I see this:

window.App.EmployeeData=Ext.create("Ext.data.Store",{model:Ext.define(Ext.id(), {extend: "Ext.data.Model", fields:[{name:"Text"},{name:"Value"}] }),storeId:"EmployeeData",autoLoad:true,proxy:{data:...
    What are some possibilities as to why my grid having trouble finding the store?
    Last edited by Daniil; May 21, 2012 at 1:25 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

The fix has been added to SVN, please update and retest.

Thanks for the report!
    The code no longer complains about being unable to find the storeID, but now it has made the App (javascript) object invalid. All my javascript is broken. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by adelaney View Post
    it has made the App (javascript) object invalid.
    Could you provide more details? Posting a sample to reproduce the problem would be best.
    Here is the specific error:
    invalid property id
    [Break On This Error]     
    ...peAhead:true,valueField:"Value",{raw}store:EployeeData},text:"Drafter"},{dataInd...
    Line 46
    (The error arrow points specifically to the first { in "{raw}")

Also, I don't know if this matters, but this store and grid are in a partial view.
    Last edited by Daniil; May 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] tags
    Thanks for the report. We are working on the fix.
    Fixed in SVN. Please update and retest
    It still does not render. Now, I have this error: "EmployeeData is not defined" with the javascript break not being indicated, so I don't know where the problem is. I do have output, but I cannot share that data in a public forum as it contains some real employee data. At this point, I am unsure how to proceed.
    Well, I think i know what the problem. You store instance is App.EmployeeData (with App namespace) therefore combo cannot find it.
    I will add support for id with namespace soon

I do have output, but I cannot share that data in a public forum as it contains some real employee data.
    We don't required real data, you can alwayse to replace it by test data

I will post notification today about fix
    That did it. If I go back into the code and make the StoreID="App.EmployeeData", it works. Now the question is how do I get the combo to recognize my EmployeeID as the selected value? I have .AutoDataBind = True. Do I need to manually set the .Value property, and if so, how do I get the row's current EmployeeID value?

cols.Add(Html.X.Column().DataIndex("DrafterEmployeeID").Text("Drafter").Editor(Sub(edt)
      Dim cbo As New Ext.Net.ComboBox
        With cbo
          .ID = "DrafterEmployeeID"
          .StoreID = "App.EmployeeData"
          .MultiSelect = False
          .AutoDataBind = True
          .TypeAhead = True
          .DisplayField = "Text"
          .ValueField = "Value"
        End With
      edt.Add(cbo)
    End Sub))