First Install (ASP.NET 3.5 version)

First Install (ASP.NET 3.5 version)

I downloaded and installed the Installshield installer version. Everything installed normally.

I found the README.txt file in the C:\Program Files\Coolite directory and was able to get all of the Controls added to my Visual Studio 2008 toolbox no problem.

I added a Coolite.ScriptManager control to the page.

I added a simple Window control to a blank .aspx page called Default.aspx. I ran the page.

No errors, no exceptions. But nothing shows up. It's just blank/white.

Here is the code I used on the page:

<!-- section at very top of page -->
    <%@ Register assembly="Coolite.Web.UI" namespace="Coolite.Web.UI" tagprefix="cool" %>

<!-- section in <form id="form1" runat="server"> section -->
    <cool:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
        <cool:Window ID="Window1" runat="server" Height="381px" Width="577px" style="margin-right: 0">
    </cool:Window>
    I looked around on the forums but couldn't find anyone with this same issue. I tried to click on your documentation but the link appears to be dead currently. I tried messing with the Web.Config with some of the settings you mentioned in other forums but nothing seems to work.

I thought maybe the paths to the Ext files were not correct so I checked the source of the rendered HTML page and this is what I saw:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/MyWebProject/Coolite/ExtJS/resources/css/ext-all-embedded/css/cool.axd" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/MyWebProject/Coolite/ExtJS/adapter/ext/ext-base/js/cool.axd"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Inteum/Coolite/ExtJS/ext-all/js/cool.axd"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">Ext.BLANK_IMAGE_URL='/MyWebProject/WebResource.axd?d=7ByHSY3brcvU_0xj1NO5NmqL0tNNvucShIgCWTq801kNaYdYj1_BmwfbaDupNnRLmNRf0DRQRZJ40GmbmitQE817LFeOTL-J8C7nYTFMkk01&amp;amp;t=633386555640000000';Ext.onReady(function(){Ext.QuickTips.init();this.Window1=new Ext.Window({id:"Window1",height:381,width:577,contentEl:"Window1_Content"});});</script>
    What am I missing in terms of setup?

(Platform: Windows XP Pro SP2, Visual Studio 2008 Professional)

RE: First Install (ASP.NET 3.5 version)

Looks perfect so far. I think you just need to set the AutoShow property on the Window to "true". By default the Window does not display, you must explicitly 'show' the window.

I think I'll change the default cool:Window tag to set this property automatically when added to the Page. That should avoid this confusion in the future.

You could also try the Panel control.

Example

<cool:Panel runat="server" id="Panel1" />
    You could also copy/paste one of the samples from Examples section to test that everything is working.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Yes, that was it.

I have to tell you that this parameter wasn't apparently obvious. I would vote that the default be true instead of false.

Very helpful, thanks! Love the libraries!

Quick update... With the latest release, the AutoShow property has been set to 'true' by default. Now you can just drag/drop a Window control onto your Page, save and then view in a browser.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder