[CLOSED] ComponentLoader inconsistency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] ComponentLoader inconsistency

Hi folks, i´m writing in relation to an issue that is driving me crazy

I have 2 GridPanels when i call the method ComponentLoader.ToJason i get the following results when pass them as parameters

Result 1:
    {store:{model:Ext.define(Ext.id(), {extend: "Ext.data.Model", fields:[{name:"ID"}],idProperty:"ID" }),storeId:"_str",proxy:{type:"ajax",url:"/Ctrl/Method/",actionMethods:Ext.apply({}, {read:"POST"}, Ext.data.proxy.Ajax.prototype.actionMethods)},remoteSort:true},id:"_grd",height:200,xtype:"grid",region:"center",split:true,iconCls:"#Accept",title:"example",columns:{items:[{id:"ID",dataIndex:"ID",text:"_clnID"}]},viewConfig:{xtype:"gridview"}}
    Result2:
    {store:{model:Ext.define(Ext.id(), {extend: "Ext.data.Model", fields:[{name:"ID"}],idProperty:"ID" }),storeId:"_str",proxy:{type:"ajax",url:"/Ctrl/Method/",actionMethods:Ext.apply({}, {read:"POST"}, Ext.data.proxy.Ajax.prototype.actionMethods)},remoteSort:true},id:"_grd",height:200,xtype:"grid",region:"center",split:true,iconCls:"#Accept",title:"example",columns:{items:[{id:"ID",dataIndex:"ID",text:"_clnID"}]},viewConfig:{xtype:"gridview"}}
    and as you can see the results of each call are the same

but if i add the GridPanel to a Panel and then call ComponentLoader.ToJson it will produce different results as shown bellow:

Result 1:
    {border:false,xtype:"panel",region:"center",items:[{store:{model:Ext.define(Ext.id(), {extend: "Ext.data.Model", fields:[{name:"ID"}],idProperty:"ID" }),storeId:"_str",proxy:{type:"ajax",url:"/Ctrl/Method/",actionMethods:Ext.apply({}, {read:"POST"}, Ext.data.proxy.Ajax.prototype.actionMethods)},remoteSort:true},id:"_grd",height:200,xtype:"grid",region:"center",split:true,iconCls:"#Accept",title:"example",columns:{items:[{id:"ID",dataIndex:"ID",text:"_clnID"}]},viewConfig:{xtype:"gridview"}}],layout:"border",collapseMode:"header"}
    Result 2:
    {border:false,xtype:"panel",region:"center",items:[Ext.create("Ext.grid.Panel",{store:{model:Ext.define(Ext.id(), {extend: "Ext.data.Model", fields:[{name:"ID"}],idProperty:"ID" }),storeId:"_str",proxy:{type:"ajax",url:"/Ctrl/Method/",actionMethods:Ext.apply({}, {read:"POST"}, Ext.data.proxy.Ajax.prototype.actionMethods)},remoteSort:true},id:"_grd",height:200,xtype:"grid",region:"center",split:true,iconCls:"#Accept",title:"example",columns:{items:[{id:"ID",dataIndex:"ID",text:"_clnID"}]},viewConfig:{xtype:"gridview"}});],layout:"border",collapseMode:"header"}
    The first result render properly but the second one is not rendered.

The difference between the is that the second creates a element that contains the store as show bellow:

"Ext.create("Ext.grid.Panel", [Same script for both situations]);

Any ideas to overcome this problem?
    Last edited by Daniil; Jun 07, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    finally i figured out the problem.

View
    <ext:Panel ID="Panel3" runat="server" PreventHeader="true" Border="false">
        <Loader ID="Loader3" runat="server" Mode="Component" AutoLoad="true" Url="/Ctrl/Test/">
            <Params>
                <ext:Parameter Name="containerId" Value="Panel1" Mode="Value" />
            </Params>
            <LoadMask ShowMask="true" />
        </Loader>
    </ext:Panel>
    The problem happens if i call ComponentLoader.ToJason passing the GridPanel (_grd) as parameter before adding it to the Panel (pnlCenter). If i comment the line 56 it will render properly.

i think that it should not produce differente results just because the method is called twice.

Controller
    public ContentResult Test(string containerId)
    {
        //Grid
        GridPanel grd = new GridPanel
        {
            ID = "_grd",
            Height = 200,
            Collapsible = false,
            Split = true,
            Region = Region.Center,
            Title = "example",
            Icon = Icon.Accept
        };

grd.View.Add(new GridView { TrackOver = true });

//Store
        Store str = new Store { ID = "_str", AutoLoad = false, RemoteSort = true };

//Proxy
        AjaxProxy proxy = new AjaxProxy();

//Define a URL do representante
        proxy.Url = "/crl/method/";

proxy.ActionMethods.Read = HttpMethod.POST;

//Adiciona o representante ao abastecedor
        str.Proxy.Add(proxy);

//Adicona o abastecedor a grade
        grd.Store.Add(str);

//Model
        Model mdl = new Model();

ModelField clnMdl = new ModelField("ID");

//Column
        Column cln = new Column();

cln.ID = "ID";

cln.DataIndex = "ID";

cln.Text = string.Format("_cln{0}", "ID");

mdl.Fields.Add(clnMdl);

cln.Sortable = true;

grd.ColumnModel.Columns.Add(cln);

str.Model.Add(mdl);

string makeProblem = ComponentLoader.ToJson(grd);

Panel pnlCenter = new Panel
        {
            Border = false,
            Region = Region.Center,
            CollapseMode = Ext.Net.CollapseMode.Header,
            Layout = "BorderLayout",
            Items = 
        {
            grd
        }
        };

// Viewport
        Viewport vwp = new Viewport
        {
            Border = false,
            Layout = "BorderLayout",
            Items = 
        { 
            pnlCenter
        }
        };

ContentResult r = new ContentResult();

r.Content = ComponentLoader.ToJson(vwp);

return r;
    }
    Each instance of control cannot be rendred twice because it can participate in one ASP.NET page life cycle only
    i agree with you, but i was not flushing it for renderization, i just called ComponentLoader.ToJason
    ComponentLoader internally renders component (to string) to get json reperesentation
    What a sense to get json of grid and and its container?
    You have to create two separate instance if you need to call ToJson twice (for example, create instance of grid in the function and call that function twice to get different instances)
    First of all i would like to explain that it was a mistake of mine. I had two different codes and the unique difference between them was that one call ComponentLoader.ToJason for debug reasons before flushing it for renderization, as shown in the example provided.

so, it´s not a "real" problem. but i wonder why it changes the results if i call the method (no matter the reason) before flushing it for renderization
    Well, it is limitation of dynamic rendering (ComponentLoader.ToJson uses dynamic rendering functionality)
    Once rendered, a widget cannot be rendered again (widget gone through all stages already (OnInit, OnLoad, OnPreRender, OnRender and etc) and its internal state doesn't allow a rendering again)
    Hi,

I'm looking into this. I think we need to change something, because .ToJson() is confusing.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thumbs up for both of you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast