TreeNode Javascript Events

TreeNode Javascript Events

Hi,

I was starting to develop a demo for work using version 1.3 but have since halted and changed to version 2.0 due to charts. The thing is that my demo used a tree as a menu system and each node had its own click and rightclick function.

Listeners have been removed from nodes. How do I add event listeners to nodes.

Example (In VB .NET):

'New Area
    Dim areaNodeAdd As New Node()
    areaNodeAdd.Text = "[Add New Entity]"
    areaNodeAdd.Icon = IconBe.Icon(IconType.Area, True)
    areaNodeAdd.Listeners.ContextMenu.Handler = "javascript:#{DirectMethods}.LaunchNew_WindowAreaProperties();"
    areaNodeAdd.Listeners.Click.Handler = "javascript:#{DirectMethods}.LaunchNew_WindowAreaProperties();"
    root.Children.Add(areaNodeAdd)
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Apr 05, 2012 at 4:45 AM. Reason: please use [CODE] tags
    Hi,

A tree node doesn't present its UI in Ext.NET v2, it's rather a Store record.

So, please use the TreePanel ItemClick and ItemContextMenu events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Hi,

A tree node doesn't present its UI in Ext.NET v2, it's rather a Store record.

So, please use the TreePanel ItemClick and ItemContextMenu events.
    I can understand that you wish to change a TreePanel to fundamentaly behave like a GridPanel or DataView in relation to its store, however this is dissapointing because a TreeNode no longer behaves like a ListItem in relation to a name/value pair which makes it difficult to use a TreePanel like a ComboBox for isntance.

For example if I have a list of people I wish to display the Person.Name but I wish the value to be Person.PersonId and as far as I can tell there is no place in a treenode to store the value.
    You can store any additional info via Node CustomAttributes.