Can not log out from my ASP website containing Ext components

Can not log out from my ASP website containing Ext components

Good morning

Still exploring Ext.Net V2.
    I just built a small website with a basic user login: (Creating an ASP.NET Web Site with Basic User Login)
    After being logged and when my current displayed page contains Ext components, i am not able to log out. I need to go to another aspx page with no Ext components to finally logout.

Any feedback on that issue??

Thanks in advance for your help

Sylvain

Precision on my logout issue

Just to provide additional information from my previous post:

I developed exactly the same basic site with simple login access using Ext.Net 1.3.0 and it works perfectly. The login/logout works.

The other issue i found out is the fact that when a page of my ASP.Net website contains an Ext.net v2 component, the layout of my website slightly changes (font bolder,height and width different). There is no such differences on the website developed in Ext.Net v1.3.0: layout is the same between an Ext.net page and a non Ext.Net page.

I have provided a snapshot to better understand my statement.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ext_Net_1-3_vs_2.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	4069

Thanks a lot for your feedback on the layout and specially the login.

I would like to continue exploring the version 2 which contains features which would be useful for me (Charts).

Waiting for your feedback.

Sylvain
    What does it mean " i am not able to log out"? Do you have errors or something else?
    it is better if you provide test sample and steps to repriduce the issue
    Thanks Vladimir
    These are the different steps to reproduce these issues:
    • Create a new ASP.Net Web application project in VS2010
    • By default you will have 2 aspx pages (Default.aspx and About.aspx) and a folder named "account" for authentication
    • Add Ext.Net version 2 using Nuget
    • Set Default.aspx as start page
    • Run the project and using the login link and the register page, create an account.
    • In the account folder, create a new web form using master page named logged.aspx.
    • Your logged.aspx should look like this:
      <%@ Page Title="" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" CodeBehind="logged.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication10.logged" %>
      <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeadContent" runat="server">
      </asp:Content>
      <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">

You are logged!!!
    • In your Site.Master file, change your asp:menu to have the second menu item pointing to Account/logged. aspx and name it "Logged"
    • You should have:
      <div class="clear hideSkiplink">
                      <asp:Menu ID="NavigationMenu" runat="server" CssClass="menu" EnableViewState="false" IncludeStyleBlock="false" Orientation="Horizontal">
                          <Items>
                              <asp:MenuItem NavigateUrl="~/Default.aspx" Text="Home"/>
                              <asp:MenuItem NavigateUrl="~/Account/logged.aspx" Text="Logged"/>
                          </Items>
                      </asp:Menu>
                  </div>
    • Rerun the project, you will see that being logged, by clicking on the "Logged" menu item, you can access the page otherwise you need to provide your credentials.
    • You see also that when you are on the "Logged" item menu, by logging out, you are automatically redirected to Default.aspx.
    • Now add a basic EXT.Net component into logged.aspx like a button. Your logged.aspx page should look like that:
      <%@ Page Title="" Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" CodeBehind="logged.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication10.logged" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Ext.Net" Namespace="Ext.Net" TagPrefix="ext" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeadContent" runat="server">
      <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">
          <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server"/>
              <ext:Button ID="btnChangePassword" runat="server" Text="Button"/>
              You are logged!!!
    • If you run you project, you will see that being logged and being on your "Logged" page, you won't be able to logout, the page will refresh but you will still be logged and you won't be redirected to Default.aspx. You will have to go on a page without a Ext.net component to be able to logout.
    • Moreover you can see that the layout of your pages between the Default and the Logged pages are slightly different even if they are based on the same Site.Master. It is related to the presence of the Ext.net component.

Hope these step by step will help you reproducing my issue and will give me the ways to solve the logout and layout issues.

Following the same steps with Ext.net v1.3 works great. No problem of logout or layout.

Thanks in advance

Sylvain
    Last edited by springrider; Apr 05, 2012 at 5:13 AM.

Logout- Bug or not?

Ext.net Gurus,

Thanks to let me know concerning these issues of logout and layout.
    Is it a bug or not? Do you need me to detail my step-by-step explanation?

Thanks

Sylvain
    Hi,

By default, ResourceManager removes ViewState from rendering. You can disable it by using DisableViewState property of ResourceManager
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" DisableViewState="false"/>
    After that you can logout

Moreover you can see that the layout of your pages between the Default and the Logged pages are slightly different even if they are based on the same Site.Master. It is related to the presence of the Ext.net component.
    Ext.Net uses own css styles (ext-all.css file), i guess it conflicts with css styles from Styles/Site.css (ext.net css rules override site.css rules) therefore you see that difference
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hi,

By default, ResourceManager removes ViewState from rendering. You can disable it by using DisableViewState property of ResourceManager
    <ext:ResourceManager ID="ResourceManager1" runat="server" DisableViewState="false"/>
    After that you can logout

Ext.Net uses own css styles (ext-all.css file), i guess it conflicts with css styles from Styles/Site.css (ext.net css rules override site.css rules) therefore you see that difference
    Thanks Vladimir

The DisableViewState option made my day.

For the css, this is what i thought.
    Since there is no Ext-all.css file in my installation i could modify, only virtual URLs, I had to change my style.css to fit the Ext.Net css in order to have my display working.

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/WebResource.axd?d=88RcX5-qhDRrg1WmvqXFkan030demHVA1f1g1kknNXc-kn_JB9w9H4bb8t1qR1SZvfVe6e-6c0y54E4Ni4vuqtzbGsGshjEqqa2vKEdjZ4GnvcQK2t2TJNlInf6KdQh6W6eqprnjUjBK9kUW0xVS7l7Sc5vt6rEWNatwHhT_sT01&amp;t=634689618079470311">
    <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/WebResource.axd?d=GVVY6FW0O617sRW2HrI3VjwU6Gmtf7B0S7uv8WRDz87WHekEBv7zqDoeM8iWn4ZeyXqBPAz4sYS3fSI6suWbPQvOov8y60FVv714AJjhWUVB72-PBWY7lQUwYp0Y8zvSDgAEZfVJ08W62s6d-F9TEXma0xwj-1vUCTVr4O1Cgzc1&amp;t=634689618079470311">
    Thanks again

Sylvain