TreeNode Expandable

TreeNode Expandable

Hello,

Question regarding TreeNodes and the Expandable property. Would there be any way to have Expandable set as ThreeStateBool.True and render as the folder without the expand icon showing if it has no children?

Cheers,
    Timothy

RE: TreeNode Expandable

Hi Timothy,

Can you provide more details? What nodes used: static or async? It is better to know what targets you want to reach.
    Thanks

Hello vlad,

They are static nodes.

Cheers,
    Timothy

Hi Timothy,

May be I misunderstood you but if you don't set Leaf=true for TreeNode then it will be looked as folder and without expandable icon. Why need to set Expandable=ThreeStateBool.True?

Hello vlad,

Thanks for the quick response vlad. I would like the node with no children to look like the nodes that have children, because eventually it will have children. I don't want it to look like the file, consider it as a directory in your file explorer with no folders below it.

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers,
    Timothy

Hi Timothy,

Now you can set image only. For example if you want to have standart folder image then

<ext:TreeNode Text="Empty Folder" Cls="x-tree-node-collapsed ">
    </ext:TreeNode>*

I think it will be useful to have something like AsEmptyFolder="true" for TreeNode. We will investigate it

Thanks vlad, please update this thread if anything progresses with a new property.

Cheers,
    Timothy

Any progress on this yet? Having a node with an expand symbol, without any children, is definitely useful in cases where you want to show the node may have children and allow clicking on the expand symbol. I did notice this seems to be possible in one of the TreePanel Ajax examples, but can't figure out how to implement it. In standard windows controls, the property is called .ContentsUnknown. If set to True, it renders an expand symbol, regardless if it has children or not.