[CLOSED] insert selected grid row text from context menu to currently focused textarea control's current cursor position

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] insert selected grid row text from context menu to currently focused textarea control's current cursor position

Hi,

I am trying to achive similar to the following example.

https://examples1.ext.net/#/Toolbar/...trols_In_Menu/

But i need to insert selected grid rows text to the currently focused textarea control. In the example code

<CellClick Handler="cellSelect(this, rowIndex, columnIndex, #{TextField1}, #{ContextMenu});" />
    you are passing the #{TextField1} expicitly. But, what i need is, i need to pass this dynamically (means any textarea control from which i have shown the context menu) and then, insert the selected grid row text to the that controls current cursor position.

Is it possible to do this? if so, how?

What i mainly need to know from this is that, when i open a context menu from any textarea control will the context menu item control knows from which control i have opened this menu?
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Feb 29, 2012 at 7:12 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Daniil,

Quote Originally Posted by ISI View Post
    What i mainly need to know from this is that, when i open a context menu from any textarea control will the context menu item control knows from which control i have opened this menu?
    Can we get the target control from which the context menu is opened?
    You could save it as a Menu property, like this:
    ContextMenu.targetControl = target;
    Daniil,

With out assigning the target will the context menu contains the traget element from which text area control this was opened.
    I'm not 100% sure how all is configured on your side, so, I can't answer the question.

Please provide a sample demonstrating the requirement.
    Daniil,

My requirement is, In a form there may be more than three textarea controls to which a context menu will be attached. The context menu item contains a grid control from which user can select a row. When the user selects the row i need to insert the selected rows text to the control's current cursor position from which this context menu was opened.
    Well, the requirement seems to be clear.

But it is not enough to answer your question:
    With out assigning the target will the context menu contains the traget element from which text area control this was opened.
    How do you open a context menu?
    Daniil,

What i mean by "Open context menu" is when a user right click's on any of the textarea control to show the context menu.
    Well, I understand it.

Be default a common browser context menu is opened when a user right click on TextArea.

I suspect you open your own Menu on right click, isn't that so?

Again, I just need to know how all is configured on your side to answer your question:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast