[FIXED] [V0.5.3] Crash in 0.53 - Viewport Page - Can't Render Design View

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[FIXED] [V0.5.3] Crash in 0.53 - Viewport Page - Can't Render Design View

I've put a viewport on my page and made some changes to it. Now when I try to render in design view, VWD 2008 crashes and restarts. If I create a new page without changing any viewport code, it works. I'm guessing I have something wrong here, but it might be a bug.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 

<%@ Register assembly="Coolite.Ext.Web" namespace="Coolite.Ext.Web" tagprefix="ext" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">

<ext:ViewPort ID="ViewPort1" runat="server">
                <Content>
                    <ext:BorderLayout runat="server">
                        <South Collapsible="true" Split="true" Margins-Bottom="5" Margins-Right="5" Margins-Left="5" CMargins-Left="5" CMargins-Right="5" CMargins-Bottom="5" CMargins-Top="5">
                            <ext:Panel runat="server" Height="100" Title="User Information" />
                        </South>
                        <West Collapsible="true" Split="true" Margins-Left="5" Margins-Top="77" CMargins-Left="5" CMargins-Top="77" CMargins-Right="5" Margins-Right="0">
                            <ext:Panel runat="server" Title="Help" Width="175">
                                <Content>
                                    <ext:Accordion runat="server" Animate="true">
                                        <ext:Panel runat="server" Border="false" Icon="FolderGo" 
                                            Title="LMS Basics" />
                                        <ext:Panel runat="server" Border="false" Collapsed="true" Icon="FolderGo" 
                                            Title="Administrator Help" />
                                        <ext:Panel runat="server" Border="false" Collapsed="true" Icon="FolderGo" 
                                            Title="Manager/Scheduling Help" />    
                                    </ext:Accordion>
                                </Content>
                            </ext:Panel>
                        </West>
                        <Center Margins-Right="5" Margins-Top="77">
                            <ext:Panel runat="server" Title="Center" Header="False">
                                <Content>
                                    <ext:FitLayout runat="server">
                                        <ext:TabPanel runat="server" ActiveTab="0" Border="false" Title="Center">
                                            <Tabs>
                                                <ext:Tab runat="server" Title="Welcome to Academus" />
                                                <ext:Tab runat="server" Closable="true"  Title="Important News" />
                                            </Tabs>
                                        </ext:TabPanel>
                                    </ext:FitLayout>
                                </Content>
                            </ext:Panel>
                        </Center>
                    </ext:BorderLayout>
                </Content>
            </ext:ViewPort>

<ext:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

RE: [FIXED] Crash in 0.53 - Viewport Page - Can't Render Design View

Hi Heath,

Hmm. We were having some problems with the Icon properties crashing VS/VWD in 0.5.2, although I was sure we fixed the bug in 0.5.3.

Can you try removing the Icon properties from each tag, and then reopen in Design, then start adding the Icon properties back until it crashes. Let me know if you find the property which bombs.

I just opened your sample in VWD 2008 and could not get it crash. I'll keep testing.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Tip: Instead of defining the Margins and CMargins properties individually, they can be set using the MarginsSummary and CMarginsSummary properties.

For example, the following code sample demonstrates setting each Margins property individually.

Example

Margins-Top="5" Margins-Right="0" Margins-Bottom="0" Margins-Left="5"
    Or, you can do the same thing with the MarginsSummary property.

Example

MarginsSummary="5 0 0 5"
    The pattern is Top-Right-Bottom-Left.

Same thing for the CMarginsSummary.

Hope this helps.

Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Geoffrey,

I removed each icon property one at a time, each time getting the crash when trying to go to design view. If I create a new page with the viewport on it, I can get into design view.

Thanks for the tips! I'm new at this extjs stuff so they will come in very handy. :)

Do you think somehow my VWD 2008 Beta 1 install is corrupt? Should I step down to the VWD 2008 normal (not beta) version? How do I get rid of the registry settings if I do that (in case something in the registry is causing it)?

OK I was wrong. The new page that has no changes except an added scriptmanager and added viewport crashes when I try to switch to design mode. I haven't changed anything after dropping them on my pages - no attributes even. I saved it and shut down VWD 2008 and came back later and it crashed upon going to design view.

yeesh. I'm trying to reproduce locally.

What happens if you create a new Page, then add a ScriptManager, the add a window. Then in the Window, drag in a BorderLayout control.

As well, with the ViewPort, try removing the AccordionLayout control which should be in the <East> region.

Any help narrowing down exactly what part of the ViewPort which is causing the crash would really help.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

Ok. I've reproduced the crash.

Now just trying to find the root cause. I'll keep this thread updated.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

I can consistently reproduce the crash under the following two scenarios
    1. If any other <ext:> control which contains a nested <ext:> control is set on the Page before the <ext:ScriptManager>
    2. If there is no <ext:ScriptManager> on the Page.
    I know exactly where this is failing in the source and working on the fix.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder

You guys are awesome.

I've moved the scriptmanager to the top, right below the form tag and I can now use the design view. I prefer it to be at the bottom but that's not a big deal. I should have thought to try this!

I've fixed the bug. This is a critical enough bug/fix that I'll update v0.5.3 and release new installers and manual installation packages tomorrow.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast