ComboBox and selectedItem.value

ComboBox and selectedItem.value

I think I have a timing sequence issue. How do I select a comboBox item via selectedItem.value in code behind during a Page_Load? The combobox is assocaited with a store whose DataSource is a LinqDataSource.

Do I need a direct event on the comboBox or a delayed task?
    Hi,

I would set up a Store's Load listener with Single="true" option.
    I am trying to work on a simple example, but here is my problem.

I have the Combobox that is being loaded from a Store associated with a LinqDataSource. After that data is loaded I need to set the selectedItems.value in the code behind based on some requirements. Then there is a GridPanel that has a Store associated with a LinqDataSource. The GridPanel load needs to use the selected item from the combobox.

So I have a ordering process:

1) Make sure the Combobox data is load;
    2) Set the combobox selecteditem based on a requirement; ** This is the issue
    3) Finally have the GridPanel's store load based on the combobox setting;

All my other forms have only had one store or if there were more they were not assocaiated. I see that there is an AutoLoad function on the store, do I need to set it to false and perform everything in my page load?
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolcott View Post
    After that data is loaded I need to set the selectedItems.value in the code behind based on some requirements. Then there is a GridPanel that has a Store associated with a LinqDataSource.

2) Set the combobox selecteditem based on a requirement; ** This is the issue
    Could you shed some light on these requirements?

Also please clarify is this not an option for you:
    I would set up a Store's Load listener with Single="true" option.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolcott View Post
    All my other forms have only had one store or if there were more they were not assocaiated. I see that there is an AutoLoad function on the store, do I need to set it to false and perform everything in my page load?
    Not sure, because I've not got the requirement yet. Is there a single Store for both ComboBox and GridPanel?