[CLOSED] How to present a modal mask spanning the entire page?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[CLOSED] How to present a modal mask spanning the entire page?

Hi,

I have a Default.aspx page having a TabPanel on it. The individual tabs are in IFrame mode loading independent aspx pages. I'd like to present a modal mask across the whole default page when I pop up a modal window on one of those tab pages. Right now, the modal mask spans over the tab page on which the modal window is sitting, which is the expected behavior by default.

What's the best practice to achieve the effect?

Thanks,

Vadym
    Last edited by Daniil; Feb 07, 2012 at 4:57 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

A single way to expand a modal mask on the whole page is creating a Window on the parent's page level.

Please follow:
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php?9935
    http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...ll=1#post57686
    Last edited by Daniil; Mar 08, 2012 at 7:23 AM.
    Hi,

I was hoping maybe there's a way to display a modal mask over the top/parent page without invoking a window. Then, I would display a modal window with a form from the code behind on the child page. If the modal window is to be placed on the parent page, it would be difficult for me to do all the processing there where in fact it all belongs in the context of the child page.

Thanks,

Vadym
    Hi Vadym,

here is another approach that I have used before:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...rom-ext-window

Thanks,

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fpw2377 View Post
    Hi Vadym,

here is another approach that I have used before:

http://forums.ext.net/showthread.php...rom-ext-window

Thanks,

Frank
    Thanks for the pointers Frank,

I'll check it out.

Vadym
    Quote Originally Posted by vadym.f View Post
    If the modal window is to be placed on the parent page, it would be difficult for me to do all the processing there where in fact it all belongs in the context of the child page.
    Well, a mask on a parent page will cover everything within a frame and I can't see any way to avoid it.

If the modal window is to be placed on the parent page, it would be difficult for me to do all the processing there where in fact it all belongs in the context of the child page.
    The link provided by @fpw2377 might really help to organize things.
    Thanks guys!

I will look into your suggestions.

Vadym
    After some poking around, I am displaying a modal window sitting on the top parent page with X=-10000 and Y=-10000 so it's effectively hidden but the mask is visible. Then, I show a modal window sitting on the child page.

The problem is that I can't bring to the front the child page modal window. It's sitting behind the parent page modal mask and is inaccessible.

Is there any trick to bring it up front?

Thanks,

Vadym
    The problem is that I can't bring to the front the child page modal window. It's sitting behind the parent page modal mask and is inaccessible.
    Please re-read the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Well, a mask on a parent page will cover everything within a frame and I can't see any way to avoid it.
    Regarding to the following.

After some poking around, I am displaying a modal window sitting on the top parent page with X=-10000 and Y=-10000 so it's effectively hidden but the mask is visible. Then, I show a modal window sitting on the child page.
    I'm not sure why you set up X and Y to hide a Window. Could you clarify?

Why can't you to hide a Window using:

1. Hidden="true" - to hide a Window initially.

2. The hide method to hide it on the fly. Then the show method to show.
    Thanks for your quick response Daniil!

I do understand that the parent page mask covers everything. It's actually the effect that I need. I'm setting X and Y to negatives because I don't want the parent window to show - only its mask. Instead, I want the child page window to show on top of the parent page mask. I'm not sure if it's possible. I would like to keep the child page window locally so I don't have to move it to the parent and then communicate between the parent and child frames after it's closed.

Again, I'm not convinced if it's doable and if there's any good way around it.

Thanks,

Vadym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast