Going to upgrade from v1.x to v2.x when it becomes available ???

Going to upgrade from v1.x to v2.x when it becomes available ???

First can you let me know if we (Bimbo Bakeries USA) has a FREE upgrade to v2.x if it gets release with our purchase year ??

Secondly, when I upgrade, would it be as simple as replacing the v1.x dlls with v2.x in the existing projects ???

OR

Would it be as tedious when we upgraded from v0.8 to v1.x ???
    Hi,

I think upgrading from v1 to v2 will be more tedious since there are much more breaking changes comparing with v0.8 and v1.

We are doing our best to describe as many breaking changes as we can and put them into CHANGELOG:
    https://examples2.ext.net/#/Getting_...nts/CHANGELOG/

The main benefits are extended functionality, new components like Charts, HTML5, CSS3, MVC Razor engine.
    After reading through the 9 pages last night it looks like GridPanel, Store, GridView, Column combination changes is something to become familiar with.
    Thanks guys for the update...

Good to know the trouble I'm gonna be in later down the road... ;(
    First can you let me know if we (Bimbo Bakeries USA) has a FREE upgrade to v2.x if it gets release with our purchase year ??
    Yes, your current Ext.NET Pro license key will be valid for all Ext.NET Pro 2.x releases.

Secondly, when I upgrade, would it be as simple as replacing the v1.x dlls with v2.x in the existing projects ???
    Ext.NET v2 is not backwards compatible with the v1.x releases. The v2 release does include Breaking Changes, so more than likely you'll need to revise some code. Many of the Breaking Changes were renaming of properties, and upgrading can be a simple case-sensitive search-and-replace.

Other changes will require more work as the actual API has changed. As noted above, there were some changes to the Store that will almost certainly affect everyone.

Would it be as tedious when we upgraded from v0.8 to v1.x ???
    If you're upgrading a v0.8 project, I'd go straight to Ext.NET v2.x, and skip the 1.x. The effort required to upgrade from 0.8 --> 1.x will be about the same as upgrading from 0.8 --> 2.x.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thanks you very much for your response.

This helps out alot in our decision going forward on converting our existing applications...