[CLOSED] Server side SortChange event, Store.StoreInfo not returning Direction & Field

[CLOSED] Server side SortChange event, Store.StoreInfo not returning Direction & Field

I have a grid of which I need to capture the sort info on server side. The SortChange event fires successfully, however, the Direction is always Default and the Field is always empty. What else needs to be set to capture the SortInfo?
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 13, 2012 at 1:08 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]
    Hi,

I guess you are trying to get sort parameters from Store.SortInfo. This property is not updated on SortChange event.

You should send new sortInfo as an extra parameter(-s) of a DirectEvent.
    http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/3-4/#!...ent-sortchange

So, the second argument of a SortChange listener is a new sortInfo. Respectively, you can use that "sortInfo" to populate DirectEvents ExtraParams.
    Thank you, sending the sortinfo as a parameter worked perfectly, however I'm trying to go a bit of a different route so I can save the entire grid's state to a database instead of using the built in cookie stateprovider. I'm able to capture grid's state successfully via the savestate event passing the state as a parameter and then I'm saving it to my database. How can I restore the grid's state from what got captured?
    I think the initial issue has been solved.

Please start a new thread.