[CLOSED] Async loading and re-loading of panels in a reporting portal - Suggestions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[CLOSED] Async loading and re-loading of panels in a reporting portal - Suggestions?

Hi,

I'm creating a reporting portal/dashboard which has 4 quadrants each containing a chart (I'm using telerik ASP.NET for the charting component), so the quadrants are made up of user controls which contain NON Ext.Net controls.

When this page loads I want each of the quadrants to load as and when they are finished quering for the data which makes up the chart. I want them to load asynchronously. I also want to be able to re-load a particular chart on request without having to reload the entire dashboard, i.e. from a directmethod call off of a button for example.

Do you have any suggestions as to the best way to accomplish this using Ext.NET?

I'm thinking along the lines of panels with AutoLoad properties pointing to a page which generates the chart...
    or...
    ... possibly using XRender to generate the contents of the quadrant dynamically from a user control...

What do you think? I know this isn't really a support question, I just wanted some advice from the experts ;-)
    Last edited by Daniil; Jan 27, 2012 at 6:08 PM. Reason: [CLOSED]