Release date of version 2.0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Release date of version 2.0

Hi All,

Can you kindly give your road map towards Ext 2.0 (extjs 4).

1.When it will be released,
    2.What are the new features
    3. Is porting from Ext.Net 1.2 to 2 takes longer??

Since when we ported from 0.8 to 1.0 , we need to change a lot, ajaxmethods to direct methods .. so on.. it was tedious.. how will be this port 1.0 to 2.. Smooth ??? tuf??? very tuf??? Not Possible???

Let me know your comments asap.
    Hi,

A "Developer Preview" release will be available soon to all Ext.NET Pro Premium Members.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Breaking Changes in v2, so upgrading will more than likely require some code revision in your project. How many changes will obviously depend on how the Ext.NET Components in your current project has been configured.

For example, all Layout Components have been removed in Ext.NET v2, such as <ext:BorderLayout>, <ext:FitLayout>, etc. We've moved exclusively to using the .Layout property, in conjunction with the inner <LayoutConfig> property.

Hope this helps.
    Geoffrey McGill
    Founder
    Thanks Geoffrey, I'm looking forward to testing it :)

Cheers,
    Timothy
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey.mcgill View Post
    Hi,

A "Developer Preview" release will be available soon to all Ext.NET Pro Premium Members.

Unfortunately there are a lot of Breaking Changes in v2, so upgrading will more than likely require some code revision in your project. How many changes will obviously depend on how the Ext.NET Components in your current project has been configured.

For example, all Layout Components have been removed in Ext.NET v2, such as <ext:BorderLayout>, <ext:FitLayout>, etc. We've moved exclusively to using the .Layout property, in conjunction with the inner <LayoutConfig> property.

Hope this helps.
    Hi mcgill,
    I can understand it will be available soon. But we need the date so that we can plan our work accordingly, we are waiting for you since you started this thread. Will it be on november or dec or 2012, or 2012 end.. what is your road map. Kindly tell us your road ma. so that we can decide further. Expecting earler and prompt(date/month) reply. Thanks
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; Jan 20, 2012 at 5:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedstepmem3 View Post
    Hi mc gill,
    I can understand it will be available soon. But we need the date so that we can plan our work accordingly, we are waiting for you since you started this thread. Will it be on november or dec or 2012, or 2012 end.. what is your road map. Kindly tell us your road ma. so that we can decide further. Expecting earler and prompt(date/month) reply. Thanks
    i'm waiting too, just tell us the futher,thanks.
    Oops. No response yet. This is not fair. Atleast reply we are waiting for your answer. but again dont say soon.. tell us your road map. I hope you started this thread with the motive of releasing 2.0 within december.

Whats your road map.?? See the number of views to this thread. You will understand how many of us are waiting...!
    Is there anyone around who is looking this thread. I am waiting for your reply. what is your idea... atleast post a reply. I doubt this is a premium forum or other.
    agree......
    If you were not willing to reply remove this thread.. instead of keeping this. dead. No one is upfront to answer.. Just tell us the month and date. Before deciding that how come you can crate a forum for that??? . This is not a good way to run the discussion...
    Quote Originally Posted by speedstepmem3 View Post
    If you were not willing to reply remove this thread.. instead of keeping this. dead. No one is upfront to answer.. Just tell us the month and date. Before deciding that how come you can crate a forum for that??? . This is not a good way to run the discussion...
    agree.....what happend
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast